Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | can you get ntl broadband in GU46?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

can you get ntl broadband in GU46?

Old 16-11-2006, 12:11   #1
sneakerbeater
Inactive

sneakerbeater is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation can you get ntl broadband in GU46?

hello cable forum! n00b here!

i've just moved in to yateley, hampshire and i have been tring to get ntl broadband. when i try the ntl website or phone up the sale line, they tell me that broadband is not available in my area. this is all very strange as the previous owner of the house had ntl broadband. i saw his modem and talked about the fact i was keen to have ntl broadband, but not the telephone or tv service.

can anyone out there confirm that broadband is available to GU46, or more specifically GU46 6PS?

what step do i need to take to make ntl recognise my house is in a broadband area?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers
sneakerbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2006, 12:15   #2
anduin
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD, 100mb VM cable, Virgin Phoneline
anduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about them
Re: can you get ntl broadband in GU46?

Uswitch.com claims you can get NTL
but ntl site say you cant

If you saw the moedm come out of the house, can you see the wiring on the outside of the house ( the little box ) ?
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 12:24   #3
simbr
Inactive

Services: ntl Phone, ntl Digital TV, ntl Cable (10 Mbps)
simbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to all

Well, the postcode data says all services available, but there is no premise level data. Someone who deals with cable services could probably tell you more, but you're best just calling sales on 0845 454 0000.
simbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 12:28   #4
sneakerbeater
Inactive

sneakerbeater is an unknown quantity at this point

i've got running into the house a black ntl wire which goes the the tv/radio splitter. and a separate white coaxial wire to where the broadband modem went. i'll have to have a look where these wires go outside of the house when i get back there.

cheers!
sneakerbeater is offline   Reply With Quote