Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Broadband Plus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Broadband Plus

Old 01-11-2006, 00:37   #1
cw876
Inactive

cw876 is on a distinguished roadcw876 is on a distinguished road
Question Broadband Plus

Needing some help here. I've been NTL problem free for a while and had forgotten how frustrating it can be........

Signed up to Broadband Plus tonight since I've been on the 4mb service for a while and thought it was about time I signed up.

It seemed to accept my user name and password ok and took me to the main broadband plus page that you get after registering.

Problem is none of the links work for me. I've checked I have all the plug ins etc and that its all up to date but still no joy.

Searched the internet to see if others were having the same problems - found a couple of messages saying the same kind of thing but No real answer on how to fix it.

I've mailed tech, support at NTL but don't expect to get anything helpful back.

Since I've never used the broadband plus site before I shouldn't really care that I can't seem to use it now but I do...... it's really bugging me that I can't get it to work, and remembering that nothing ever seems straight forward with NTL

Can anyone help??????

Thanks
Catherine
cw876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2006, 00:40   #2
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Re: Broadband Plus

Hi Catherine, to the forums.

I had this problem also, when using Firefox- it seems that the NTL site that logs you in prefers Internet Explorer, but i found that the actual sites it redirects to render better in Firefox.

Which browser are you using?
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:16   #3
cw876
Inactive

cw876 is on a distinguished roadcw876 is on a distinguished road

Hi Pia

I'm using Internet Explorer - it's getting kinda late now but tomorrow i'll try using Firefox. Did you get it to work in the end????

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

Ok couldn't wait - will be knackered in the morning but had to try firefox to see if it worked.

Pia -.....thankyou! Broadband Plus is finally!! working. A couple of links wouldn't work and said they needed internet explorer but 80% is working and that's good enough for me

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catherine
cw876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:16   #4
utt
Inactive

utt is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you using IE7 by any chance?
utt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:22   #5
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Yeah i did get it to work, although like you say you need to swap and change between them, i found it easier to use an extension for Firefox called IE Tab, lets you use both in Firefox.

Glad you got it 80% sorted though
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote