Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Drayton Manor - rip off

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Drayton Manor - rip off

Old 23-07-2005, 22:32   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Thumbs down Drayton Manor - rip off

We decided to visit Drayton Manor Park this week and I thought it would be a good idea to order the tickets online.

Bad idea.

Having gone all though the ticket procedure and clicked on confirm, there is suddenly a £1.50 "booking fee" appears on the transaction - when it's too late to cancel There was no mention [that I can find] of this "fee" - it's just a blatent rip-off. It's not exactly cheap in the first place, and now they rip you off like this as well - my advice - avoid - and go elsewhere.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2005, 22:35   #2
tick
Inactive

Services: ntl phone & tv broadband sky box
tick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud of
Re: Drayton Manor - rip off

you pay booking fee's everywhere now
dont make it right tho
tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 22:58   #3
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

it rubbish anyway.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 23:30   #4
Angelus

I like it there

I am local to so its cool
Old 23-07-2005, 23:37   #5
Electrolyte01

It's about 5-10 minutes drive from me. No need to book online
Old 23-07-2005, 23:41   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I didn't need to, I thought i'd do it to save possible time queuing on the day. big mistake.

Old 23-07-2005, 23:46   #7
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
I didn't need to, I thought i'd do it to save possible time queuing on the day. big mistake.
You might have done better HERE Paul.
Old 24-07-2005, 00:12   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Interesting, I would never have thought of them for such a thing.

Old 24-07-2005, 02:04   #9
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
We decided to visit Drayton Manor Park this week and I thought it would be a good idea to order the tickets online.

Bad idea.

Having gone all though the ticket procedure and clicked on confirm, there is suddenly a £1.50 "booking fee" appears on the transaction - when it's too late to cancel There was no mention [that I can find] of this "fee"
This sounds rather dubious to me, however it's a bit tricky because under the Distance Selling Regulations:

Contracts to which only part of these Regulations apply
6. [...] (2) Regulations 7 to 19(1) shall not apply to - [...]

(b) contracts for the provision of accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services, where the supplier undertakes, when the contract is concluded, to provide these services on a specific date or within a specific period.

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm

Regulations 7 to 19 cover the information required prior to the completion of the contract and the cancellation rights etc, but if the tickets were for a specific day they may be excluded from these rules.

Having said that, it certainly sounds dubious that they stick you with this fee *after* you accept the deal and I think a word with you local Trading Standards Department might be in order.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 02:05   #10
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

If there was no mention on it until it's too late then perhaps you ought to drop a line to the trading standards?
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 02:12   #11
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Jesus Christ guys, it was only £1.50.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 02:19   #12
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard M
Jesus Christ guys, it was only £1.50.
Fine, send me a cheque for £1.50 if it's so unimportant to you...

And then think about how many people book tickets online and multiply all those by £1.50

The point is that companies should *not* try to get away with this. They certainly should not be *allowed* to get away with it. There's no justification for sticking this charge on, especially not at the end of a transaction (cf ATM charges).
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 02:43   #13
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

They're running a business, not a charity.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 02:43   #14
slug
Inactive

Services: Virgin BB 10Mb M/Phone XL/TV M, Sky+HD
slug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant future

Which site did you book it thru?
I have just been to the Drayton Manor site and you can only reserve tickets there to be picked up at an automated machine, only then does your credit card get charged.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 03:01   #15
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

It doesnt matter if they are running a buisness or if it is "only" £1.50, they should make ALL charges clear before someone accepts the contract.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote