Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | College

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

College

Old 29-06-2005, 21:42   #1
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Cool College

Well as you all may know by now, im off to college in September. The course i will be doing is a 1 year BTEC 1st Diploma for IT Practitioners. and 3 out of all the things i will be studying and will find most interesting are:

Web Design

Computer Maintenence

Binary Coding (i think its also called ASCII?)

Anyway i went to the college this eveing for a presentation and afterwoods we looked round at the I.T Suites, and i will tell you now they were like the size of an aircraft hanger. But some were like usual sized classrooms as well.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2005, 21:54   #2
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Re: College

Binary coding - do they still do that? - unless it's different, in my day that was using a dodgy keypad to enter code in 1's and 0's to make lights come on and off in sequences and control robot arms!

Good luck Wayne - enjoy the college life (and no hacking!)
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 21:58   #3
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Binary coding - do they still do that? - unless it's different, in my day that was using a dodgy keypad to enter code in 1's and 0's to make lights come on and off in sequences and control robot arms!

Good luck Wayne - enjoy the college life (and no hacking!)
Yep its all about the 1's and 0's. and dont worry, i wont hack. Hey if i tried to hack, do you think the admins on here would still have their accounts?
Old 29-06-2005, 21:59   #4
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne A
Yep its all about the 1's and 0's. and dont worry, i wont hack. Hey if i tried to hack, do you think the admins on here would still have their accounts?
Actually, Yes...
Old 29-06-2005, 21:59   #5
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Have fun Wayne
Old 29-06-2005, 22:01   #6
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
Quote:
Actually, Yes...
Oh go on then spoil my fun why dont you.
Old 29-06-2005, 22:26   #7
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Never mind you could always say I wasn't hacking just sending a series of 1's and 0's over a network that happened to be misunderstood by your computer...
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 22:29   #8
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hey if i tried to hack, do you think the admins on here would still have their accounts?

Yes, but you probably wouldn't have yours

Anyway. Good luck with College
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 22:46   #9
OinkyBoinky
Inactive

Services: NTL 2048kbps CM Basic NTL TV
OinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about themOinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about themOinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about themOinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to OinkyBoinky

good luck with it dude hope ya get on with it... my best did started that course last september.. but dropped out by january...
OinkyBoinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 22:58   #10
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

And?

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 23:01   #11
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Quote:
Binary Coding (i think its also called ASCII?)
Dunno about that, possibly called "assembler", which is all about hex.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 23:06   #12
tick
Inactive

Services: ntl phone & tv broadband sky box
tick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud of

enjoy
tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 23:40   #13
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yep its all about the 1's and 0's.
Remember Wayne.....

There are 11 different types of people in this world.

Those that understand Binary, and those that don't.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 23:42   #14
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
Quote:
Remember Wayne.....

Errm you have that wrong, thats only 2 types of people, what about the other 9?
Old 29-06-2005, 23:43   #15
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
Quote:
Remember Wayne.....

Errm you have that wrong, thats only 2 types of people, what about the other 9?
Whoosh.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote