Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wages in bank

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wages in bank

Old 24-06-2005, 01:45   #1
Angelus

Wages in bank

What time do wages normally reach banks?

Its a halifax bank. We are worried its gone into the wrong account again
dispite my gf telling her employers of 6 weeks ago
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2005, 01:50   #2
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Wages in bank

Mine sometimes go in 2am - 3am on the day it's due
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 01:51   #3
Angelus

If they dont go in the right bank dispite us giving 6 weeks notice do we stand anywhere as we will be without a months wages
Old 24-06-2005, 02:29   #4
Keytops
Inactive

Keytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really nice

Skint?
Keytops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 02:30   #5
Angelus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytops
Skint?
what a constructive post to help me

Obviously i am. Just got back off holiday so yeah i am
Old 24-06-2005, 03:36   #6
Nikko
Inactive

Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal
Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal

I have found that leaving £30-50,000 floating in your current account prevents any potentially embarrasing moments with your Bank.

I used to hate the petty arguments over the odd 20 grand overdraft, so I shoved 50 grand in and have no further probs.
Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 03:38   #7
Angelus

I am sure your head is big now

However i am still broke
Old 24-06-2005, 03:42   #8
Nikko
Inactive

Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal
Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus
I am sure your head is big now

However i am still broke
I could send you a cheque - but anything over a tenner would take weeks to clear.
Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 03:43   #9
Angelus

I am so glad you see this as a joke
Old 24-06-2005, 04:16   #10
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko
I have found that leaving £30-50,000 floating in your current account prevents any potentially embarrasing moments with your Bank.

I used to hate the petty arguments over the odd 20 grand overdraft, so I shoved 50 grand in and have no further probs.
I think most people would find 20 grand to be a bit more then petty, and havent got 30grand to just put in their accounts.

Normally when I get paid by bank account girocredit it is in on midnight the day I get paid, usually would be a friday, 2am or 3am sounds unusual as its a computer doing the work.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 07:05   #11
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My wages are paid into halifax. They clear around 2 - 3:15 am.

If it's not in by now I'd go into the bank and ask them what's going on just to confirm that it's not processing or anything like that.

The only other thing you can do is check your details again with the employer.

I have had this problem when I started at the place I used to work. The employer actually paid me cash for that week as I told them if they didn't they wouldn't see me at work the following week as I could afford to get to work or feed my family.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 07:48   #12
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

To all the people who made flippant/not relevant comments in this thread.....

1) I think you owe the OP an apology.

2) How would you feel if your wages went missing??

3) Is this how we treat people with problems?? (NO)

Angelus-I suggest you get your G/F to log a grievance as per her company's grievance procedure, & then seek advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 07:53   #13
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Your gf should double check with her employers as to details and where the money is. If they have the details correctly and have sent the payment go back to Halifax and if still no luck try (or tell Halifax you will be contacting): - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 07:54   #14
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

When the money hits your account and become accessible depends on your wages department and the bank itself. If the wages department send the transactions out late in the day it will delay the transactions being processed. Also if the bank takes it's time processing it can delay the money appearing in your account. I've had occassions when wages were supposed to be in the bank for Friday morning and they have been there by 00.01 Friday and there have also been times when I've had to wait till late Friday/ early Saturday morning
All you can do is ask for a copy of the bank details that the company are using and then contact the bank to see if and when the money hit the account. If they are causing you financial hardship and have screwed up your payment I would ask for a cash advance since they are breaching contract by not paying the wages.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 08:11   #15
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

from experience it can be variable , i have been paid the day before i should have on occasion , if i were you i would be ringing your bank up and asking them if the funds have hit the account but are not showing up for some reason , and like neil said , grow up children i t aint a laughing matter
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote