Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Degraded service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Degraded service

Old 12-06-2005, 13:34   #1
joesnake
Inactive

joesnake will become famous soon enoughjoesnake will become famous soon enoughjoesnake will become famous soon enough
Question Degraded service

Hi all,

Am hoping that one of the NTL guys here can get me some definitive info on when the degraded service fault in Bishopââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s Stortford might be resolved, and what is causing it.

The fault has been included in Service Status since last December. I have called CS and BB support on a number of occasions and get different answers each time. The last time I called they said it would be resolved in 7 days, that was a month ago.

To be fair to NTL they have given me 2 months BB credit and my monthly bill has been reduced for the next 12 months. But I would rather have a full service.

Any info would be appreciated.
joesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2005, 13:49   #2
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Degraded service

The problems are being caused by the cable network in the area, i have no idea when they will be resolved, but it is not likely to be soon- some major work needs to be done to improve the quality of service.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 13:55   #3
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath

The problems are being caused by the cable network in the area, i have no idea when they will be resolved, but it is not likely to be soon- some major work needs to be done to improve the quality of service.
No comment.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 19:32   #4
joesnake
Inactive

joesnake will become famous soon enoughjoesnake will become famous soon enoughjoesnake will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply monkeybreath.

Looks like I will have to go through the official complaints procedure and if necessary make a complaint to Ofcom.

joesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 19:49   #5
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesnake
Thanks for the reply monkeybreath.

Looks like I will have to go through the official complaints procedure and if necessary make a complaint to Ofcom.

doubt that would make a difference to be honest...

you have had a reduced service, and ntl have given you refunds and a lower monthly payment to reflect this

can't see ofcom being very interested...

i have just checked and there is some work going on in Bishop's Stortford next week which may improve things, won't fix it permanently, but may help things.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote