Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recording Freeview

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Recording Freeview

Old 03-06-2005, 18:48   #1
reinhold
Inactive

Services: Telewest TV Blueyonder Broadband Freeview
reinhold is an unknown quantity at this point
Recording Freeview

I have just added Freeview.
I find my VCR is only detecting Channels 1 - 5.

When I manually scan for any other channel the VCR
cannot detect it, though the TV can.

There are separate scart to scart outputs from the decoder
to the VCR and TV, so they are receiving the same information.

When manually scanning, I have to put the decoder on standby
or I get the prgramme showing instead of the VCR set-up menu.

Any clue would be welcome.
reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2005, 19:12   #2
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: Recording Freeview

hi and to the site , surely if you use the output from the freeview box to the video it would need the video tuned to the freeview box output and then would therefore record whatever channel the freeview box was putting out , or have i got the wrong end of the stick , hope you enjoy your stay here btw
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 19:34   #3
EBO48
Living a dream

Services: Tivo+ PHONE + BB
EBO48 has a spectacular aura about themEBO48 has a spectacular aura about themEBO48 has a spectacular aura about themEBO48 has a spectacular aura about them

If you are using scart lead to video you shouldn't need to tune video as the freeview should be on channel e1, av or line 1 depending on make of vcr
EBO48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 21:47   #4
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Use AV1/2/whatever as an input as has been said

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 22:32   #5
reinhold
Inactive

Thanks to all who replied.

As was suggested, I can record the ouput from the box
when the VCR was set to A/V.

This had not been necessary with the signal from the Telewest box
it had been connected to before.
Old 03-06-2005, 23:35   #6
mrlipring
Inactive

Services: PCI DVB-T Freeview NTL Digital NTL 3mbit NTL phone
mrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud of

your TW box must've been connected through RF then.
mrlipring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:25   #7
reinhold
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlipring
your TW box must've been connected through RF then.
It was. The TW box was an old analogue model lacking SCARTs.

TW tell me they don't want it back, so it suddenly becomes mine
to dispose of after renting it from them for many years.

You would think they would have the responsibility of disposing of it
in an environmentally friendly way, assuming that's possible.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:29   #8
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

None of the freeview boxes that I've had have had an RF out on them (Only a rf passthrough). Although you CAN get ones that do - you'd need to check first.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:07   #9
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
None of the freeview boxes that I've had have had an RF out on them (Only a rf passthrough). Although you CAN get ones that do - you'd need to check first.
Mine does.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:09   #10
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Mine does.
Lucky lucky
I don't record anything upstairs anyway so I wouldn't use it.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 13:40   #11
reinhold
Inactive

Quote:
Mine does.
So does mine.
It's an Akura AOP01STB.
It seems to perform very well, though I have nothing to compare it with.

At the moment I can smell it in operation.
I think the smell was mostly off the packaging,
which was really giving it off.
I expect it to diminish.

At £34.99 I can't complain.
Old 04-06-2005, 14:35   #12
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhold
So does mine.
It's an Akura AOP01STB.
It seems to perform very well, though I have nothing to compare it with.

At the moment I can smell it in operation.
I think the smell was mostly off the packaging,
which was really giving it off.
I expect it to diminish.

At £34.99 I can't complain.
hi and to the site , keep an eye on it then , you dont want it catching fire
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 16:41   #13
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Quote:
Mine does.
Lucky lucky
I don't record anything upstairs anyway so I wouldn't use it.
I record things if I'm not in to watch it. It's not too bad, I get all the channels off a set-top aerial sitting on my shelf, this is even without a signal booster. It's Yorkshire though, bizarrely in this part of Nottingham we can't get Central properly without a high gain rooftop aerial- Yorkshire/Lincoln****e is no problem though. (I have a stronger set-top pointing to Central for my analogue only, it's got a booster on but it's such a poor signal still).

The Setpal (which I have, and have had for about a year now) has quite a decent tuner, one Scart and RF-out. Not sure if you can get them anymore now.

I only record through scart though, it's connected to the VCR and then split to PC and TV on both RF/Scart

Old 05-06-2005, 16:56   #14
Juan
Inactive

Juan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Recording Freeview

Changing the topic slightly; if a DVD player is connected to the second Scart socket of a video would the DVD image be output on the RF aswell as the primary Scart socket?

The RF out of my video is connected to an amplifier and then several TV's, so I was wondering if the DVD output could be viewed on other TV's through an aerial lead instead of being directly connected to the DVD player via a Scart lead.

Thanks.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 17:30   #15
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan
Changing the topic slightly; if a DVD player is connected to the second Scart socket of a video would the DVD image be output on the RF aswell as the primary Scart socket?

The RF out of my video is connected to an amplifier and then several TV's, so I was wondering if the DVD output could be viewed on other TV's through an aerial lead instead of being directly connected to the DVD player via a Scart lead.

Thanks.
Mine does, not sure whether or not that's standard.