Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem with talktalk modem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problem with talktalk modem

Old 01-06-2005, 14:19   #1
Exonia
Inactive

Exonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with talktalk modem

I am on Talktalk Broadband Connection for 512kbps which uses the SAGEM F@ST 800 E2T the modem and the connection work ok on Windows but i have recently installed Linux: fedora core 3 onto my Computer and use the Installation Guide to install the modem onto Linux which was included on the cd i have put the Installation Guide for download here if anyone wishes to read it:

http://www.exonia.net/downloads
There should only be one file.

I did everything it said to do in that guide which involved unpacking a .tgz file and then "making" the file and then "Make Install" the modem it then asked me for my location which was UK01 (United Kingdom) it then asked me if my ISP allows Password encryption and i have no idea on that so i just pressed enter then i put in my Username and Password.

It then ran a check to see if it could find the modem it did and said "Installation Complete type in StartADSL to start the connection" i did that and it said the connection was now active i opened firefox and went t a website BAM the annoying "http://blahblah.com could not be found" message popped ff meaning that firefox could not find the connection:

I am lost please help.
Exonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement