Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | £20 note found

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

£20 note found

Old 30-05-2005, 12:09   #1
Croker
Inactive

Services: ntl 2meg Internet, Sky Sports & Movies (couple of extra boxes), Film 4 & Phone
Croker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enough
Smile £20 note found

I put on some old jeans to do a couple of bits and pieces out the garden and found a £20 in the pocket of them
Croker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2005, 12:11   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: £20 note found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croker
I put on some old jeans to do a couple of bits and pieces out the garden and found a £20 in the pocket of them
Well done, been looking for that for ages.....

I'll send you my address so you can return it to me.....

Actually, I found a penny the other day, you know what they say.

Quote:
Find a penny
Pick it up
And all day long
You'll have a penny.....
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 12:17   #3
zing_deleted

Find a penny
Pick it up
And all day long
You'll have a penny.....

unless you spend it of course
Old 30-05-2005, 12:18   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
Find a penny
Pick it up
And all day long
You'll have a penny.....

unless you spend it of course
Not a lot you can spend a penny on these days though.....even "spending a penny" normally costs more than that.....
Old 30-05-2005, 12:27   #5
zing_deleted

oh but sometimes in adsa my bill is £6.01 or similar ,if i give a tenner I will hand over the 1p to get pound coins
Old 30-05-2005, 12:29   #6
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age

Can you buy penny chews anymore?...or are they called two penny chews...or even pound chews
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 12:29   #7
Raistlin
Inactive

Ahh..... But you haven't spent "a penny", you've spent £6.01. The penny you had is still there (albeit now hidden amongst the pound coins).
Old 30-05-2005, 12:31   #8
zing_deleted

I am now about to disapear in a puff of logic
Old 30-05-2005, 12:32   #9
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Lets send all our 1ps to the government to spend on reduce 3rd world debt!
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 12:32   #10
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
I am now about to disapear in a puff of logic

cYa!
Old 30-05-2005, 12:42   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

So that's where my £20 note went ..............

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 12:47   #12
purenuman
Inactive

Services: SKY+ & NTL 2mb
purenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Lets send all our 1ps to the government to spend on reduce 3rd world debt!
But it'll cost more to post them
purenuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 13:26   #13
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croker
Well done, been looking for that for ages.....

I'll send you my address so you can return it to me.....
Anyone lost a roll of £20 notes with an elastic band around them...?

Well I've found the elastic band!

(Ah, the old ones are the oldest )
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 19:42   #14
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
Can you buy penny chews anymore?...or are they called two penny chews...or even pound chews
Yeah theres loads of penny sweets now. 2 pence and 3 pence ones are popular as well now.
Old 02-06-2005, 19:12   #15
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age

Quote:
oh but sometimes in adsa my bill is £6.01 or similar ,if i give a tenner I will hand over the 1p to get pound coins
With modern tills I suppose the technique of counting up - you know where, if you handed over £5 for a £3.70 article, the assistant would give you 20p, say £3.90, give you 10p and say £4, and so on until they reached £5 - is now a lost art.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote