Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Powerball

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Powerball

Old 24-05-2005, 10:58   #1
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Powerball

I am suffering from Tennis/golfers elbow.

I spoke to Ramrod who recommended one of these

http://www.powerballs.co.uk/index.php

Got it today ....

You can really feel it working, but for those others out there that have them, what is the highest spin you have recorded.

I have just got 9989, and my arms are aching ... LOL
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2005, 11:06   #2
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Re: Powerball

need to increase your wrist strength/stamina do u?
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 11:11   #3
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
need to increase your wrist strength/stamina do u?
Apparently so ....

Must admit though .... it really seems to hit the "Tennis Elbow" spot ...

I'm sure there are others who have suffered with this ... it's bloody painful.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 11:22   #4
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon M
Apparently so ....

Must admit though .... it really seems to hit the "Tennis Elbow" spot ...

I'm sure there are others who have suffered with this ... it's bloody painful.
my left wrist is quite sore, due to excessive 'mousing' - I try to use my right hand at work & the left at home, in order to spread the load, but the left has been working harder, lately - it might be worth giving one of those a go, it certainly looks good - thanks for the info Si (and Ramrod )
Old 24-05-2005, 11:27   #5
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

I used to find that my wrist got quite sore (waits for Nugget to join the thread.. ) what with all the mousing I did, but then I moved over to a tracker ball, which has helped no end - I've been using one for about 4 years now, and don't have any dull aches in my wrist anymore
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 11:38   #6
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
I used to find that my wrist got quite sore (waits for Nugget to join the thread.. ) what with all the mousing I did, but then I moved over to a tracker ball, which has helped no end - I've been using one for about 4 years now, and don't have any dull aches in my wrist anymore
I have thought about that - however the thing I liked about the description of the powerball, was that as well as being therapeutic, it also strengthens the joints, etc, thereby helping to prevent re-occurance.

Thanks, though
Old 24-05-2005, 12:47   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

About 75% of the posts in this thread were off topic. I have therefore done some serious pruning. Can we try to keep our threads on topic please, everybody is free to start a new thread to discuss ... well, whatever you want really. There's no need to hijack existing ones.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 12:51   #8
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Do you have to exercise both hands? Well you wouldn't want to end up looking like a fiddler crab, would you? Or is it just the affected limb that needs exersice?
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 13:18   #9
gary_580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T
About 75% of the posts in this thread were off topic. I have therefore done some serious pruning. Can we try to keep our threads on topic please, everybody is free to start a new thread to discuss ... well, whatever you want really. There's no need to hijack existing ones.
75% Personal opinion over rules peoples enjoyment? why not prune post 2 then?
Old 24-05-2005, 13:24   #10
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M

Just ordered 2 neon jobbies, one for me and one for my brother... I'm hoping to improve strength for basketball, whereas my brother is into rock climbing and mountain biking both of which would be prime targets for this product... I'll let you lot know how we get on.

Obviously, competing against my brother for a highscore will be a vastly secondary reason for buying these
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 13:26   #11
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Do you have to exercise both hands? Well you wouldn't want to end up looking like a fiddler crab, would you? Or is it just the affected limb that needs exersice?
its worth using both hands, will probably improve coordination too!
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 13:31   #12
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
You may as well excersise both........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon M
I have just got 9989, and my arms are aching ... LOL
Weed! ......12010 over here..............and that was with my left hand
........still it is your first day using it...........go easy with it for the first few days.......maby even take a days break to allow for recovery!
Old 24-05-2005, 13:34   #13
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M

Hehe, I can see a challenge emerging here... looks like my target is 13,000 in the first week of ownership... watch this space

I certainly hope this doesn't get as obsessive as the arcade for me, I might end up in casualty
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 13:37   #14
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lv3r
Hehe, I can see a challenge emerging here... looks like my target is 13,000 in the first week of ownership... watch this space

I certainly hope this doesn't get as obsessive as the arcade for me, I might end up in casualty
I found that breaking the 12000 barrier was difficult enough.........13000 is a little optimistic, especially in the first week!
Old 24-05-2005, 13:40   #15
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
I found that breaking the 12000 barrier was difficult enough.........13000 is a little optimistic, especially in the first week!
Who do you sue if it rips your arm off?

Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote