Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | euthanesia

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

euthanesia

Old 19-09-2003, 00:53   #1
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
euthanesia

Since we seem to be discussing some of the bigger issues (as usual), what are your thoughts about this.

Personally, I feel that if someone is terminally ill, suffers to such an extent that the person feels he/she would rather go with dignity rather than have things run it's (inevitable) course, that person should have the right to do so (go with dignity), and a qualified doctor should be allowed (but not obliged) to aid in this.

Apologies to anyone who feels this topic is inappropriate at this moment in their life.
Old 19-09-2003, 01:05   #2
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve
Turn off livesupport if the person whats that? Yes.

Help someone that wants to commit suicide do so by commiting an act of murder? No.
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 01:12   #3
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerrek
Turn off livesupport if the person whats that? Yes.

Help someone that wants to commit suicide do so by commiting an act of murder? No.
There's other options. You could set up a laptop, and have the 'victim' press a sequence of keys that will lead to the lethal injection. Obviously, someone will have to set it up...

Edit: Remember, I am going on the premise of terminally ill people who feel their life is no longer dignified here.
Old 19-09-2003, 01:37   #4
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by danielf
There's other options. You could set up a laptop, and have the 'victim' press a sequence of keys that will lead to the lethal injection. Obviously, someone will have to set it up...
Accessory to commit murder ... bad plan.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 02:33   #5
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
my view on this is clear and simple if you are alive then you should enjoy life and live it until you naturally die if you are living by the aid of machines you should still live if you dont value life you should never have been born
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 04:00   #6
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
and if you are suffering from a terminal illness, which cannot be treated, and will give you a long lingering painful death as your faculties are slowly stripped from you?
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 14:32   #7
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
and if you are suffering from a terminal illness, which cannot be treated, and will give you a long lingering painful death as your faculties are slowly stripped from you?
its ultimately the individuals right but i still wouldnt let myself 'go' i want to live for as long as i can even if it means being in pain

*note im in pain anyway sometimes(quite regularly) doesent mean i want to die
Old 19-09-2003, 14:48   #8
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Quote:
Originally posted by kronas
its ultimately the individuals right but i still wouldnt let myself 'go' i want to live for as long as i can even if it means being in pain

*note im in pain anyway sometimes(quite regularly) doesent mean i want to die
Appreciated and understood, but your young and have things to live for ...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 14:51   #9
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
i have nothing to live for i try and do something it blows up in my face every single time

whats that young BS age doesent mean a thing to me except if its related to certain age requiarement activites its about the person inside there understanding maturity etc
Old 19-09-2003, 14:59   #10
Nemesis
Inactive

Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Quote:
i have nothing to live for i try and do something it blows up in my face every single time[/B]
Happens to us all mate, in many ways, welcome to life.

Quote:
whats that young BS age doesent mean a thing to me except if its related to certain age requiarement activites its about the person inside there understanding maturity etc
There will come a reality as you get older. Decisions will become harder and responsibility grows considerably. Knowledge of your own mortality dwells at times.

I personally would not want to be a burden to the state or my children. If I was terminally ill, or with Alzheimers/Parkinsons/Dementure I wouldn't be able to make concious decisions myself anyway. My personal view has been made now, so that my children do not have to make any difficult decisions themselves.
Old 19-09-2003, 15:02   #11
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
Quote:
My friend did at 19 after an undiagnosed appendix burst. However, before she actually died, she got septisemia (sp?), two heart attacks, haemorraged twice and if she had come out of this coma, would've been brain damaged and blind. I didn't want her to live, and neither did her mother - does that make us bad people who don't deserve to be born?
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 15:09   #12
kronas
Inactive

Quote:

My personal view has been made now, so that my children do not have to make any difficult decisions themselves.
and i have made my choice and stick by it

Quote:
Originally posted by orangebird
I didn't want her to live, and neither did her mother
its sad to hear that story...but i care about human life if i was in a position where i had a wife or someone in my family in a very unfortunate position healthwise i would do everything to help them if it means helping them live longer

Quote:

does that make us bad people who don't deserve to be born?
im my eye yes i cant believe you can end someones life just like that you may say its not an easy decision but to terminate someones life like that is totally disgusting
Old 19-09-2003, 15:09   #13
Nemesis
Inactive

Quote:
My friend did at 19 after an undiagnosed appendix burst. However, before she actually died, she got septisemia (sp?), two heart attacks, haemorraged twice and if she had come out of this coma, would've been brain damaged and blind. I didn't want her to live, and neither did her mother - does that make us bad people who don't deserve to be born?
Very sorry to hear that.

No, not in my opinion. Her quality of life needs to be taken into consideration, more than how you may be feeling. If there is no quality of life, is there a life to live ?
Old 19-09-2003, 15:11   #14
Nemesis
Inactive

Quote:
and i have made my choice and stick by it
and I acknowledge and respect your decision.
Old 19-09-2003, 15:12   #15
kronas
Inactive

Quote:

No, not in my opinion. Her quality of life needs to be taken into consideration, more than how you may be feeling. If there is no quality of life, is there a life to live ?
again everyone has a freedom of choice they can choose to do what they want but if i was put in a position where i had to choose/carry it out i would catigorically refuse

Quote:
and I acknowledge and respect your decision.
same here just trying put my point across as you are