Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Evening course assistance

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Evening course assistance

Old 29-04-2005, 12:28   #1
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Evening course assistance

I am interested in doing A level (or similar) law as an eveing course in Manchester starting September.

I have no dea where to start looking. I've tried some of the major local colleges but they only seem to offer A levels to school leavers.

I don't want to do it as 'distance learning', it needs to be a traditional class absed thing.

ANy suggestions, or websites that might help?
Old 29-04-2005, 12:53   #2
ScaredWebWarrior

Services: NTL Phone/Cable
Re: Evening course assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotnig
I have no dea where to start looking. I've tried some of the major local colleges but they only seem to offer A levels to school leavers.
I know the colleges target their A-level courses at school leavers, but that doesn't mean they're closed to anyone else.

The most obvious suggestion is to phone or visit one of the colleges' admissions department and ask! I'm sure they'll tell you everything you want to know.

(Sorry - didn't read your post properly. Did 'trying' the colleges mean you contacted them?)
Old 29-04-2005, 12:56   #3
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

I did some A levels years ago at college evening classes and there were plenty of mature students there
.....I'm sure they'll let you in!
Old 29-04-2005, 13:54   #4
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

I'm probably too immature to be classed as a 'mature student'.
Old 29-04-2005, 13:59   #5
allieyoung666
Permanently Banned

Services: whats that??
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze age
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze age

Usually local 6th form colleges run evening classes and they are great fun and everybody helps everybody out so you should be fine.
allieyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 18:37   #6
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotnig
I am interested in doing A level (or similar) law as an eveing course in Manchester starting September.

I don't want to do it as 'distance learning', it needs to be a traditional class absed thing.

Most large councils provide a list of all the local evening classes. The best place to find it should be your local library. (The Internet isn't the only source of information. )
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote