Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Appaling customer service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Appaling customer service

Old 16-04-2005, 12:43   #1
jb1978
Inactive

jb1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Appaling customer service

I called NTL as soon as the new broadband speeds were announced to arrange a STB swap so I could have 2mb broadband. I arranged for the swap to be carried out today (April 16), and someone from NTL even called me yesterday afternoon to confirm the appointment was between 8am and 12pm.

Saturday morning ends and nobody from NTL turns up. I then call "customer services" who say my appointment was cancelled as I was now on 1mb despite still paying £25/month! She then says I will need to arrange another appointment and that NTL no longer do saturday appointments. I ask how can this be the case when I had an appointment arranged for today (Saturday). Why should I have to lose a days holiday because of NTL's ineptitude?

This whole experience is encouranging me to ditch NTL and get a cheaper, better package from Sky and ADSL..

P.S. I am in the Manchester area paying over £75/month to these jokers..
jb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2005, 13:36   #2
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Appaling customer service

sorry to hear of your problems and if it is any consolidation it only gets worse when they do eventually install the box you will be onto ntl all day to sort the channels out and get your internet back on
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 14:10   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Not Nessesarily, ours were sorted within half an hour. Just because a few people have had bad experiences with box swaps, doesnt mean everyone will, just depends if they do their job properly.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 18:06   #4
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1978
I called NTL as soon as the new broadband speeds were announced to arrange a STB swap so I could have 2mb broadband. I arranged for the swap to be carried out today (April 16), and someone from NTL even called me yesterday afternoon to confirm the appointment was between 8am and 12pm.

Saturday morning ends and nobody from NTL turns up. I then call "customer services" who say my appointment was cancelled as I was now on 1mb despite still paying £25/month! She then says I will need to arrange another appointment and that NTL no longer do saturday appointments. I ask how can this be the case when I had an appointment arranged for today (Saturday). Why should I have to lose a days holiday because of NTL's ineptitude?

This whole experience is encouranging me to ditch NTL and get a cheaper, better package from Sky and ADSL..

P.S. I am in the Manchester area paying over £75/month to these jokers..
Send me a Private message with some details such a name and contact number and a convenient time to call and will send these details to ntl to look at, on Monday. Thanks.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 18:37   #5
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Send me a Private message with some details such a name and contact number and a convenient time to call and will send these details to ntl to look at, on Monday. Thanks.

and may i you to boot
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 17:16   #6
jb1978
Inactive

jb1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

All sorted thanks to contacting a senior member of the NTL northwest team. Many thanks for all that offered to help.
jb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 18:12   #7
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Glad to see you have sorted jb1978.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 18:29   #8
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

a right result , long may it continue
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote