Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anybody know any 64 bit supporting wireless cards?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anybody know any 64 bit supporting wireless cards?

Old 13-04-2005, 12:57   #1
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age
Anybody know any 64 bit supporting wireless cards?

Anybody know of any? I know the various chipsets that support it, but just don't know any manufacturers of the actual cards who do, apart from the onboard wireless G on the A8V, which i'm obviously not going to buy.
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2005, 13:09   #2
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
Re: Anybody know any 64 bit supporting wireless cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
...apart from the onboard wireless G on the A8V..
Is that the Asus Wifi@Home one? I have the Wireless B version, which there are no 64Bit windows drivers for. It's based on the Ralink rt2400 chipset. The rt2500 chipset (Wireless G) does have 64bit drivers so if you can find a card with that chipset it should work.

(Both cards are supported under 64bit Linux )
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 13:45   #3
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Presumably any chipset with drivers in the Linux kernel (like my old Lucent Orinoco Gold) will work fine under 64-bit Linux? The OP might have been talking about XP64, of course, which is going to have driver issues for a bit until the relevant hardware companies catch up.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 13:48   #4
zing_deleted

check here www.planetamd64.com I dont run wireless but i got drivers for everyhting else
Old 13-04-2005, 14:13   #5
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.j.fry
Is that the Asus Wifi@Home one? I have the Wireless B version, which there are no 64Bit windows drivers for. It's based on the Ralink rt2400 chipset. The rt2500 chipset (Wireless G) does have 64bit drivers so if you can find a card with that chipset it should work.

(Both cards are supported under 64bit Linux )
Sorry was talking about the rt2500 chipset :s

And its XP64 and i do check that site regularly, thanks.

Phoned d-link, that company's driver situation is pretty dire, didn't know whether they were coming or going with new drivers, mentioned i used a hacked version of realtek's drivers due to random bsods with their drivers and the person went on about that you do have to look around for other 3rd party drivers and connection apps!?

Anyway, for anybody else, found this http://ralink.rapla.net/

All Rt2500 based cards. Going for the belkin one myself.
Old 13-04-2005, 14:38   #6
zing_deleted

so you must have looked here then ?

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?dlcategory=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
Sorry was talking about the rt2500 chipset :s

And its XP64 and i do check that site regularly, thanks.

All Rt2500 based cards. Going for the belkin one myself.
Old 13-04-2005, 15:38   #7
jtwn
Inactive

Yep - no drivers for 8180 chipset :/