Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router Help (125 mbps)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router Help (125 mbps)

Old 18-03-2005, 18:43   #1
Zest
Inactive

Services: Sky..?
Zest is on a distinguished roadZest is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zest
Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router Help (125 mbps)

Right, I've just bought this and I'm trying to connect it up to my computer. It seems to connect to the computer fine (The light on the router and computer are lit) but the thing that's annoying me is that the light for the internet (WAN) isnt on at all, nor is the ENET light on the modem.

I've actually tried to access it through IE but it is, to no surprise of myself, not working. I've tried using the installer but the best help it gives you is "Have you made sure the BLUE ethernet cable is connected to the BLUE port" which is possibly the most tedious thing to find when sorting a problem that has nothing to do with that.

Any help going there people? I'll love you if you do
Zest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2005, 20:18   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router Help (125 mbps)

First things first, having plugged in your router to the cable modem / Set top box on the WAN side of the router, and the PC, wired to start with to the LAN side of the router, have you then switched off, everything, and then rebooted? That ensures everything is running clean.

If you are now still unable to connect in IE, to your router from your wired PC, we will probably need to check some of your network settings. Post back your windoze version. Also post the results of having opened a command prompt window (typically found under accessories in the windoze start menu) and typing "ipconfig /all"

Most wireless routers need to be set up by a wired connection first, before you can go wireless.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote