Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | new samsung box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

new samsung box

Old 16-03-2005, 15:16   #1
on the nose
Inactive

on the nose is an unknown quantity at this point
new samsung box

just had my new samsung box fitted. rung up to put me on 2 mb oh sorry sir i carn't put you on 2 meg yet, as its a new box, but if its not on 2mb by next tuesday please ring back,so how come everybody else is being upgraded,the engineer said no problem 2 get upgraded.Anybody know whats going on
thanxs otn
on the nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2005, 15:29   #2
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
Re: new samsung box

It can take some time for the box to appear in the system after it's fitted (usually a few hours). If you've had the Samsung fitted specifically for the speed upgrade, the service order should mean your upgrade is done without you needing to ring up again, but as the guy says if it doesn't get done, ring back.
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 15:56   #3
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Had my new Samsung fitted this morning around 9.30 AM, got back home about 3.00PM and was still on 750k. Rang CS and around 20 minutes later was on 2 Meg. Thank You Ntl.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 16:43   #4
asparak
Inactive

Services: 750K through Pace STB, 2 Phones and talk unlimited 24, plus shed loads of TV
asparak is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to asparak

Asked about getting mine upgraded from 750K to 2Meg and I've been told that early May at the earliest is the only date as CS are absolutely swamped by requests. Still, 750K isn't too bad.
asparak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 16:50   #5
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Had my new Samsung fitted this morning around 9.30 AM, got back home about 3.00PM and was still on 750k. Rang CS and around 20 minutes later was on 2 Meg. Thank You Ntl.
You ought to update the 'Services' part of your profile then!
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 17:02   #6
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparak
Asked about getting mine upgraded from 750K to 2Meg and I've been told that early May at the earliest is the only date as CS are absolutely swamped by requests. Still, 750K isn't too bad.
Perhaps you need to change the Wi to Ma in your location,
Old 16-03-2005, 17:43   #7
on the nose
Inactive

on the nose is an unknown quantity at this point

thanxs to marge, of the forum im now running on to 2 meg
thanxs otn
on the nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 19:43   #8
SLM
Inactive

SLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Perhaps you need to change the Wi to Ma in your location,
Has oldham been done I got told it would come shortly.....
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 20:41   #9
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM
Has oldham been done I got told it would come shortly.....
I could post this in the 'what music are you listening to' thread... Speed King by Deep Purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by on the nose
thanxs to marge, of the forum im now running on to 2 meg
thanxs otn
Marge, are you sure its not butter.