Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The modem config page info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The modem config page info

Old 15-03-2005, 14:18   #1
neo123
Inactive

Services: 20meg bb
neo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
The modem config page info

Hi this is my first post in the forum, glad to be with you guys.

I would just like to know what useful features or un-useful features that i can do in the 192.168.100.1 config page, what do all the features mean and is there anything i can get in trouble for editing.

Also are there any other config pages that arent on the main page i.e

http://192.168.100.1/example

Also could you tell me how to increase my speed (legal tips)
Currently i am on 2MB (just upgraded yesterday from 750)

especially: Set Search Frequency Parameters

it is an ambit NTL 200 modem

neo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2005, 14:22   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: The modem config page info

Hi neo123,

to CF, glad to have you aboard.

Not sure about the answers to your questions TBH but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help.

In the meantime, sit back, kick off your shoes, and relax
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 14:25   #3
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
Also could you tell me how to increase my speed (legal tips)
1) Ring ntl
2) Say 'Can I have 3Mb broadband please?'
3) Wait
4) Enjoy
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 14:26   #4
neo123
Inactive

This was the offencive post...sorry lol
Old 15-03-2005, 14:28   #5
Raistlin
Inactive

Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo123
no offence but i can see why you have 1,422 posts. Please post somthing useful.
Ouch!! That was harsh!!

TBH, I think that's about the only thing you can do.....

Unless of course you are using USB and not Ethernet to connect, if you are changing over to an Ethernet connection will help slightly.....
Old 15-03-2005, 14:30   #6
neo123
Inactive

Oh im sorry. I didnt mean to be so abrupt, its just i wanted an answer thats all. Can we be friends still? i am using Ethernet aswell btw
Old 15-03-2005, 14:32   #7
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

A good place to look is
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d...ips/index.html

Covers a lot of useful info on CM diagnostics etc
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 14:34   #8
philquinney
Inactive

philquinney is on a distinguished roadphilquinney is on a distinguished road

Hey neo123,

BBKing is an expert. There have been posts on this board before asking how to get things you shouldn't get so BBKing just replied with the morally correct way of doing things.

As for how to keep things running at full efficiency: definitely use Ethernet as Raistlin suggested. Other than that you should be good to go!

Oh, don't forget to check for spyware. I recommend Spybot Search and Destroy. Its a free download but donate if it helps you.

Phil.

PS: You don't need to modify anything on your CableModem at all. In fact if you did you could cause yourself big problems.
philquinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 14:36   #9
neo123
Inactive

Ok so BBking is the person thatll gimme the answer?
Old 15-03-2005, 14:38   #10
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Have a browse through Robin Walkers site http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d...ips/index.html
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 14:39   #11
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
Ok so BBking is the person thatll gimme the answer?
Actually BBKing gave you an answer, just not the sort of answer you were expecting

Take a look at the link that was provided above and see if any of that answers your question.
Old 15-03-2005, 14:46   #12
neo123
Inactive

ok....so there is nothing there at all that is of any use to me, i did have a look on the page and there isnt that much there.

Is there any 'patches' that can be 'applied' to get the 'most' out of my connection?
Old 15-03-2005, 14:50   #13
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Is there any 'patches' that can be 'applied' to get the 'most' out of my connection?
Yep. You can call Ntl and get them to 'patch' your connection and you'll be getting a 3MB download instead of 2MB. You will have to pay £37.99 a month for it though
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 14:51   #14
neo123
Inactive

lol i 'knew' that these ' ' would make you think it was somthing sinister, i dont want to break the law or my contract, im just wondering if there are any decent optimizing patches out there.
Old 15-03-2005, 14:56   #15
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
lol i 'knew' that these ' ' would make you think it was somthing sinister, i dont want to break the law or my contract, im just wondering if there are any decent optimizing patches out there.
The answer to your question would appear to be "no", sorry.