Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | European Constitution

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

European Constitution
View Poll Results: Your views on the draft Euro-constitution and a British referendum on it are:
There should be a referendum. I would vote yes. 4 13.33%
There should be a referendum. I would vote no. 16 53.33%
There need be no referendum. The Government should accept the constitution. 2 6.67%
There should be no referendum. The Government should reject the constitution. 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2003, 13:33   #1
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
European Constitution

Time to have another go at this topic I think, after Blair's latest spin on the whole issue:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3091576.stm

What do you think?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2003, 16:09   #2
Stephen Robb
Inactive

Stephen Robb is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Robb Send a message via MSN to Stephen Robb Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen Robb
Yeah why not. We can trash this one as well! My own view, pull out all together, and go back to £.s.d. and Imperial measurment!
Stephen Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 16:12   #3
Defiant

Thumbs down

BAH who wants to be a bigger part of Germany and France

I'd much prefer us doing more with the States our friends and they have proved over and over again to be our friends unlike some countrys
Old 09-09-2003, 16:27   #4
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
I'd much prefer us doing more with the States our friends and they have proved over and over again to be our friends unlike some countrys
I trust that was sarcastic. Remember a little something called the US war of independance?
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 16:30   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by downquark1
I trust that was sarcastic. Remember a little something called the US war of independance?
you worried they might come and tip all our tea into the harbour again? ... :p
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 17:04   #6
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve
downquark1, your post made me laugh. That was just hilarious.

As an outsider I can only really give my opinion. I think it would be better for Britain to remove themselves as much as possible from the European "Union" thing.
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 17:09   #7
Defiant

Quote:
Originally posted by downquark1
Yep I remember at the time we have troops based all over the world too

So lets team up with our old colony
Old 09-09-2003, 17:26   #8
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Quote:
Yep I remember at the time we have troops based all over the world too

So lets team up with our old colony

just a thought... if we reclaimed the good old british empire everywhere would be ruled by britain and so solving the asylum crisis...

[edit]WOW my 400th post
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 17:46   #9
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness
ermmm we have had a war with most European countries and won, We got beat by America........stick with the US thats my choice.
Besides at least the Americans can speak English.

Bloody Europeans, wouldnt you like to give them a good hiding?
Old 09-09-2003, 17:47   #10
Defiant

I dont think their was a big intergration problem then like their is now. I doubt they would have put up with it then either
Old 09-09-2003, 18:08   #11
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
ermmm we have had a war with most European countries and won, We got beat by America........stick with the US thats my choice.

just france germany and belgium. i have nowt much against spain... they supported the US didnt they>?
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 18:11   #12
Defiant

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Stones
just france germany and belgium. i have nowt much against spain... they supported the US didnt they>?
Italy and Holland too, I love the Dutch

Ps you mention war but this country has only lost battles and never lost a war
Old 09-09-2003, 18:20   #13
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Italy and Holland too, I love the Dutch

Ps you mention war but this country has only lost battles and never lost a war
errm the US war of independance????
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 18:40   #14
Gogogo

Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001

timewarrior, may I respectfully remind you that the American war of Independence was won only with considerable support from France. Without French assistance it's likely the thirteen colonies may not have gained independence when they did.

Old 09-09-2003, 18:46   #15
Graham

Quote:
Originally posted by Gogogo
timewarrior, may I respectfully remind you that the American war of Independence was won only with considerable support from France. Without French assistance it's likely the thirteen colonies may not have gained independence when they did.
Which made their recent "anti-France" campaigns (they're "Freedom Fries", not "French Fries") because the French wouldn't help out against Iraq even more hypocritical.

Maybe they should give the Statue of Liberty back? After all, it was a gift from the French!!