Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | box swap for newbie

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

box swap for newbie

Old 07-03-2005, 22:53   #1
bryane
Inactive

bryane is an unknown quantity at this point
box swap for newbie

Hi. I have 2 STBs, a Pace running TV & Broadband and a Samsung just doing TV. Can I just swap them over, swap the cards and get the faster speed through the Samsung WHEN the upgrade happens?
bryane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2005, 22:56   #2
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Re: box swap for newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryane
Hi. I have 2 STBs, a Pace running TV & Broadband and a Samsung just doing TV. Can I just swap them over, swap the cards and get the faster speed through the Samsung WHEN the upgrade happens?
In theory ... yes .... why not try it, but the cards are apired to the STB, so leave them in place, just swap the boxes over ...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 23:01   #3
bryane
Inactive

Thanks, but: I thought only one box was registered for BB, and that was dependant on the card?
Old 07-03-2005, 23:02   #4
Nemesis
Inactive

Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star

not as far as I know ..... just try it .... won't do any harm
Old 07-03-2005, 23:03   #5
bryane
Inactive

OK, thanks, thats a task for tomorrow evening!
Old 07-03-2005, 23:04   #6
gary_580

yes your correct, your broadband is registered to a STB so swapping them, i would expect that the broadband will follow the STB.

You cant swap the cards over, as Nem says the card and the STB are paired.
Old 07-03-2005, 23:04   #7
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryane
Just phone CS and ask for the broadband to be moved to the samsung. You cannot just move the cards it will not work.
Old 07-03-2005, 23:08   #8
Nemesis
Inactive

What about move the boxes Bill ?
Old 07-03-2005, 23:13   #9
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
What about move the boxes Bill ?
That will not work due to there only being 1 box registered for broad band. If you do page up page down then blue and look for qos that will tell you which box is HIT with broadband.the box with no bia.cm will be the one without broadband. If you phone up CS and ask them to swap to the Samsung and give them the card number they will do it for you. You will need to reregister your pid after. hope that helps