Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | best guitarist of all time

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

best guitarist of all time
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 00:31   #1
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
best guitarist of all time

the top 100 guitarists is out from the popular rolling stone magazine and some suprises are in there

pink floyd 82nd

kirk hammet 11th (metallica)

i dont think i have to mention who is at number one.............

ok i will tell you its.......look at the link

jimmy hendrix :p

http://www.rollingstone.com/features...n.asp?pid=1917

and one for pure amusement

dave davies of the kinks
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2003, 00:36   #2
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness
Maybe I am just tired or somehting but I dont recall seeing, Joe satriani or Steve Via in there.

Didnt Satriani teach Kirk Hammet?

Old 08-09-2003, 01:21   #3
Bill Payer
Inactive

Bill Payer can only hope to improve
82nd?
Which one's Pink?

and one for pure amusement
What's Joan Jett doing in there?
Old 08-09-2003, 01:35   #4
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Steve Vai certainly rates as one of the world's best guitarists.... anyone see his guitar playing in Crossroads? (not the TV show, and not the cr4p with britney spears)
Awesome.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:18   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Where's Slash??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 08-09-2003, 07:28   #6
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
It has to be Carlos Santana for me....

"Who?" says all these youngsters!
Old 08-09-2003, 07:55   #7
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Quote:
Originally posted by Escapee
It has to be Carlos Santana for me....

"Who?" says all these youngsters!
HEY! i know who carlos santana is!

is this another top 100 like that top 100 tv thing that didnt have fools and horses in?
Old 08-09-2003, 08:48   #8
Alan Waddington
Inactive

Alan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about them
Carlos Santana for me too.

/edit Now playing
Old 08-09-2003, 08:55   #9
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
What about Jimmy Page? (Led Zep)

EDIT: Number 9, should be number 1 - Hendrix is fairly good but he's not that good.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:12   #10
martinell
Inactive

martinell is an unknown quantity at this point
who put this together then? no joe sat, no steve vai not even eddie vanhalen. have i imagined all these influential guitar gods??
Old 08-09-2003, 09:14   #11
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
And no Ralph McTell??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 08-09-2003, 09:16   #12
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Where's Hank Marvin?

Jon
Old 08-09-2003, 11:05   #13
dieselking

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon T
Where's Hank Marvin?

Jon

I think he was the main guitar player in The Shadows

EDIT Sorry I thought u said who''s Hank Marvin, my fault, I read it wrong

Old 08-09-2003, 11:27   #14
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Quote:
Originally posted by dieselking
I think he was the main guitar player in The Shadows
yes he was, also helped Mark Knofler(Dire Straits) refine his technique, but Hank is still not on the list.

Jon
Old 08-09-2003, 13:03   #15
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi
Didn't Ry Cooder do the music for Crossroads and Steve Vai was his puppet ?
Closed Thread