Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ntl Rip Off

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ntl Rip Off

Old 05-09-2003, 21:13   #1
Delnet
Inactive

Delnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Delnet Send a message via AIM to Delnet Send a message via MSN to Delnet Send a message via Yahoo to Delnet
Unhappy Ntl Rip Off

After contacting your customer service department I am very disappointed. When I first switched over to NTL I had 2 PSTN lines installed one for telephony and one for my PC. I switched over to BB about 2 years ago so didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t require the second PSTN line. I have now tried to reconnect the second line (all installation was done previously when joining NTL) and it is going to cost me £50. Nothing has changed since BB was installed, yet I have to pay £50 for the luxury of an engineer visiting the cabinet at my house.

I am now seriously thinking about re-connecting with BT.

Delnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2003, 21:17   #2
Defiant

I had my tv and phone switched off but still have the stb for bb. No one came around to switch it off though I thought it was done remotly so I'd presume it can be switched back on remotly if I was ever daft enough to want them back that is
Old 05-09-2003, 21:27   #3
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age
Its done at the cabinet in the street Defiant so access to the house is not needed to disc a line but is needed to recon a line as they need to make sure its working. £50 is the standard call out charge i'm afraid
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:53   #4
Delnet
Inactive

Send a message via ICQ to Delnet Send a message via AIM to Delnet Send a message via MSN to Delnet Send a message via Yahoo to Delnet
I would take a chance that it would work and if it didn't just disconnect after a month.

I am a telephone engineer so I do have a knowledge of what is need.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:15   #5
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
Can I just point out that this is not an ntl owned site - which the original poster might be under the impression that it is
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:21   #6
Delnet
Inactive

Thank you

I was trying to establish if anyone else has had there 2nd line re-connected and not been ripped off.

Many Thanks