Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | rugby talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

rugby talk

Old 03-02-2005, 17:52   #1
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation rugby talk

oh it's comeing up to the six nations so there will be.alot to talk about
in the world of rugby. !
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2005, 18:31   #2
Earl of Bronze

Re: rugby talk

Indeed, fingers crossed Ireland can improve on last season.
Old 03-02-2005, 18:48   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Well since I have welsh, irish and scottish relations through marriages in the family I'm kind of hedging my bets
Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least Wonder where I put my 6ft St George Flag????
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 18:50   #4
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Well since I have welsh, irish and scottish relations through marriages in the family I'm kind of hedging my bets
Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least Wonder where I put my 6ft St George Flag????
Carry on like that you Englander and it will go where the sun doesn't shine!!
Now where did I put my 12 ft Welsh Dragon flag?
I already have a miniature version on my car aerial - very handy for locating it in the car park at Tesco!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:12   #5
marcopolio
Inactive

marcopolio is on a distinguished roadmarcopolio is on a distinguished road

Well, following last nights game of real rugby, I thought people might be discussing the merits of the Rhinos and the Bulldogs!

Also, if England picked up anything from the best rugby league club side in the world, they should stroll home today.
marcopolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:48   #6
jtribe
Inactive

jtribe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolio
Also, if England picked up anything from the best rugby league club side in the world, they should stroll home today.
Defeated I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im Welsh but the y wont let me back in!
jtribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 13:01   #7
Gogogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
oh it's comeing up to the six nations so there will be.alot to talk about in the world of rugby. !
Six nations, marvellous. It will be interesting to see what the England team can do, almost newbies!

Old 05-02-2005, 13:22   #8
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Well I'm on my way to Cardiff right now, unfortunately it's to work for the weekend staying in Newport, might see the match before work tonight ...... come on the lads ( England that is )
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 13:24   #9
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Well, i am going to end up watching it while at work in a Welsh call centre, whilst supporting england
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 14:35   #10
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone

With interactive as well - impressed!
Old 05-02-2005, 15:05   #11
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: rugby talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHorb
With interactive as well - impressed!
i know that did come as a bit of a shocker scotland not doing to bad
so far lets just see how thay do in the next 40 mins

edited
you can talk about rugby League in this thread to you know
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 15:45   #12
Gogogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
i know that did come as a bit of a shocker scotland not doing to bad
so far lets just see how thay do in the next 40 mins

edited
you can talk about rugby League in this thread to you know

The Scots are indeed working hard and playing much better but now the French are fighting back. Wow what a match!

Old 05-02-2005, 15:53   #13
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogo
The Scots are indeed working hard and playing much better but now the French are fighting back. Wow what a match!

a brilliant match, what a shame the end was overshadowed by two questionable decisions from the officials - I didn't think he had a foot in touch & the try should have stood, also the sin bin decision was bizarre.

Having said that, Scotlands failure to clear the lines at the end, leading to the French try, was a bad mistake.

Good open game, though, great to watch
Old 05-02-2005, 16:20   #14
Gogogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
a brilliant match, what a shame the end was overshadowed by two questionable decisions from the officials - I didn't think he had a foot in touch & the try should have stood, also the sin bin decision was bizarre.

Having said that, Scotlands failure to clear the lines at the end, leading to the French try, was a bad mistake.

Good open game, though, great to watch
Certainly on video it looked like a questionable decision, one can only assume that the touch judge had seen something we couldn't and what's more he looked certain. Otherwise agreed, good fighting start. Tonight England will defeat Wales say around 20:10. Actually, this match may not be easy to predict.

Old 05-02-2005, 16:26   #15
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogo
Certainly on video it looked like a questionable decision, one can only assume that the touch judge had seen something we couldn't and what's more he looked certain. Otherwise agreed, good fighting start. Tonight England will defeat Wales say around 20:10. Actually, this match may not be easy to predict.

I have to admit the touch judge had an excellent view and did look certain of his decision, and that is what he is there for, it just looked ok to me - & at that point in the match, too....

anyway, I agree Wales v England is not easy to predict, I have divided loyalties in this & will just say that I hope the team that plays best is the winner - something I don't think happened in the Scotland game