Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl budget cutbacks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl budget cutbacks

Old 02-02-2005, 14:13   #1
Womble
Inactive

Services: 20meg BB SACM : All the Channels and phone
Womble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of Quads
ntl budget cutbacks

For Sale - One Communications Company (ntl)
Good Runner - Good Network - Good Staff - Very good Products
Requires the following;
Major overhaul of upper and middle managment (most need sacking !)
Staff require tlc, and being showed they are valued by the company

Has been poorly run for a number of years but still shows an operating profit!

This could be your chance to own the No1 communication company in the UK.

PS: Time is running out, the company is about to go bust!
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2005, 15:06   #2
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
Re: For Sale

erm wrong forum area - this should be in the FOR SALE or (UN)WANTED area!

etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 15:19   #3
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble
For Sale - One Communications Company (ntl)
Good Runner - Good Network - Good Staff - Very good Products
Requires the following;
Major overhaul of upper and middle managment (most need sacking !)
Staff require tlc, and being showed they are valued by the company

Has been poorly run for a number of years but still shows an operating profit!

This could be your chance to own the No1 communication company in the UK.

PS: Time is running out, the company is about to go bust!
Can you be a bit more specific please Womble-I think I know what you are referring to.....
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 15:20   #4
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Yeah like the cost?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 15:24   #5
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

womble, do you have that bike, the one in your avatar, as a large jpeg file ?

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 15:39   #6
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk4u
Yeah like the cost?
I *think* what Womble is referring to is a major announcement to ntl staff today about things like evening calls outs/overtime being heavily restricted/stopped.

I heard a whisper earlier today, so I'm presuming that's what is being referred to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius
womble, do you have that bike, the one in your avatar, as a large jpeg file ?

ik
Take it to PM pls Ik.
Old 02-02-2005, 15:45   #7
Womble
Inactive

Womble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk4u
Yeah like the cost?
About a quid by the time our beloved managment have finished screwing it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I *think* what Womble is referring to is a major announcement to ntl staff today about things like evening calls outs/overtime being heavily restricted/stopped.

I heard a whisper earlier today, so I'm presuming that's what is being referred to.

Take it to PM pls Ik.
Done, sent you a PM Ik
Old 02-02-2005, 15:47   #8
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
About a quid by the time our beloved managment have finished screwing it up!
Hmmmmmmmm May take you up on that. Need to count my pennies
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 15:50   #9
Womble
Inactive

Quote:
Can you be a bit more specific please Womble-I think I know what you are referring to.....
Sorry, wrote the post in the wrong frame of mind...... can't belive they can do even more damage to an already beleagured company!!

anyone fancy a tear up?? come on its theraputic!!
Old 02-02-2005, 16:11   #10
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Sorry, wrote the post in the wrong frame of mind...... can't belive they can do even more damage to an already beleagured company!!

anyone fancy a tear up?? come on its theraputic!!
All I can say is

Quote:
In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative original thinker unless you can also sell what you create. Management cannot be expected to recognize a good idea unless it is presented to them by a good salesman.
David M. Ogilvy
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 19:14   #11
hairy_mick
Inactive

hairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about them

what the company lacks is the balls to admit the new system ie harmony has caused major hart ache for customers and staff alike sky have been the benifactors of this. The rot set in when the shareholders
wanted a quick kill get as many on and take the money and run.
hairy_mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 19:25   #12
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

How much is post and packaging ?
And do we get all the green street boxes too ?

Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 19:49   #13
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Quote:

Take it to PM pls Ik.
I heard earlier this week, not sure if theres any connection to whats being discussed here, that all non-essential maintenance is being stopped...I Never knew they were doing any maintenance.

I guess Womble has been in a meeting this week!

I think this was specifically aimed at network upgrades and resegs etc, the guy telling me said it was amazing that they are cutting costs at a time when they are launching vod etc. All service affecting changes have to be carried out on an out-of hours basis, and this is as always caused a big impact on overtime pay. (Although I understood they were tricking the vendor into paying most of this )

Also they are looking at wroking practices in the region/regions, and the minimum amount of cover they can get away with out of hours. He said it looks like they are going to change things back to how they were before they messed about with them.

I have told you all before, there is a big financial problem with ntl. There is absolutely zero money available, and after they have cut staff to the bone redundancies are not a big saver anymore. I have exchanged a few PM's with one employee and told him of a department that will be hit before the end of this year, it looks very likely that support functions carried out by the most skilled employees ntl have will come under attack. It also looks like this time around jobs will not be created to keep people.
It was also rumoured that many of the administrative posts created after the big re-shuffle will also come under scrutiny, this is a sad shame for the people affected if this is true but there is a big question mark over why so many admin posts were created after the big re-shuffle.

ntl is in big bother, the shareholders have tried to cut corners and make a quick buck. A few employees have been taken in by their actions, but at last it looks like their plans are breaking at the seams.

ntl's problems were not just financial before they went into chapter 11, they were just as much about how the company operates. Making people redundant and then creating new "jobs for the boys" will hopefully not happen this time around.
Old 02-02-2005, 19:54   #14
Neil
Inactive

All-We are currently preparing a news item regarding today's situation, & will post it up as soon as we possibly can.
Old 02-02-2005, 21:00   #15
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer
Talking Re: For Sale

thought you would buy it neil or is it the AA thats buying it
th'engineer is offline   Reply With Quote