Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | anyone know where I could get this done?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

anyone know where I could get this done?

Old 15-01-2005, 15:03   #1
Plonking
Inactive

Services: BT Somethingorother
Plonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Plonking
anyone know where I could get this done?

hi all,

I've almost finished writing my dissertation for uni, and need to get it printed out and then have all the pages bound together.. does anyone know of any chain of shops that might do this? Or what I might have to look up in the phonebook to find the right people?

It's only gonna be 20-30 pages, and I could get it done at uni, but I won't be there again for a few days, so somewhere local would be much better!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

P
Plonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2005, 15:14   #2
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: anyone know where I could get this done?

I've got one of the binders that does it but that probably doesn't help you

iirc they do it in staples, or any local printing shop would be able to do it for you as well)
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2005, 15:17   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
I've got one of the binders that does it but that probably doesn't help you

iirc they do it in staples, or any local printing shop would be able to do it for you as well)

kallkwik does it i think , only any good if you have one near you though
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2005, 15:21   #4
Plonking
Inactive

Plonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys, i'll have a look into those greenies for the lot of ya!

i still haven't finished it yet, so i have to be speedy ! it's turned out to be the longest rambing load of nonsense i've ever written!

P
Old 15-01-2005, 19:41   #5
luftys
Inactive

luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plonking
it's turned out to be the longest rambing load of nonsense i've ever written!

P
Well you should get a good mark for it then Good Luck
luftys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2005, 19:44   #6
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
hi all,

I've almost finished writing my dissertation for uni, P
I studied in Bournemouth as well! The AECC in Boscombe.........going back down there for a course next weekend
On topic........yes, any print shop/printer should be able to bind it for you.
edit.....there is probably somewhere on Old Christchurch road or Holdenhurst road.....
Old 15-01-2005, 21:02   #7
Plonking
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftys
Well you should get a good mark for it then Good Luck
lol, cheers, i've just finished writing out the bibliography, and realised i used 60 references for it.. that's a record for me!

P
Old 15-01-2005, 21:06   #8
Plonking
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
I studied in Bournemouth as well! The AECC in Boscombe.........going back down there for a course next weekend
On topic........yes, any print shop/printer should be able to bind it for you.
edit.....there is probably somewhere on Old Christchurch road or Holdenhurst road.....
hey, cool, although, to confuse things, i go to uni in southampton, but i think i know where you mean i'll be in boscombe next weekend for a birthday party, so make sure you wave out the window

i've since found out that staples do binding, for a quarter of the price of binding at uni and it takes about 2 minutes, not three days, , although it took about an hour to find that out, and ringing different staples stores, because they kept hanging up on us and not knowing how to use their phone system...

P
Old 16-01-2005, 00:31   #9
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
hey, cool, although, to confuse things, i go to uni in southampton, but i think i know where you mean i'll be in boscombe next weekend for a birthday party, so make sure you wave out the window

i've since found out that staples do binding, for a quarter of the price of binding at uni and it takes about 2 minutes, not three days, , although it took about an hour to find that out, and ringing different staples stores, because they kept hanging up on us and not knowing how to use their phone system...

P
I used to go to Southampton hospital for dissection classes

I didn't know that Bournemouth uni had a campus at Southampton
Old 16-01-2005, 16:34   #10
Graham

Quote:
I've almost finished writing my dissertation for uni, and need to get it printed out and then have all the pages bound together.. does anyone know of any chain of shops that might do this? Or what I might have to look up in the phonebook to find the right people?
Try asking at the Students Union, eg ISTR the Portsmouth union actually had a "comb binding" machine to do this.
Old 16-01-2005, 16:36   #11
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Comb binding a set of work only takes a couple of mins since all you are doing is hole punching the side edge and then inserting the pages into a binding. Don't know why you were told 3 days, here we do them as people wait and I've yet to see them send out for food and drink while they wait
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 16:57   #12
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Good luck with it all.
I was writing mine last week. Its a nightmare to get everything done.
Hope it all turns out well for you.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 11:23   #13
Plonking
Inactive

cheers everyone, for all your help, advice, and wishes of good luck

i've just been to staples and had it all done.. it was all very easy! i had two copies bound, so i have one spare for me as well they had this magic machine and made it before my very eyes

i think my uni said it would take so long, as i expect there is a backlog of other things that need to be bound, printed out, etc. etc., plus the fact that all of the office staff at my uni seem to have three hour lunch breaks !

P

PS: Ramrod: dissection classes ? sounds like fun ... also .. i actually commute to uni each day to southampton from bournemouth (1 hr and a half each way).. sorry be being my normal confusing self!
Old 17-01-2005, 12:31   #14
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Have a good time hope you do well.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 13:05   #15
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

You've finished??? It's January! I've not even started mine properly yet!
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote