Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTLs DNS servers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTLs DNS servers

Old 28-08-2003, 12:56   #1
TheBig1
Inactive

TheBig1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question NTLs DNS servers

I have recently been noticing far more DNS errors occurring when browsing the net. This has become very annoying, and has meant that huge swathes of the www are becoming unaccessible. For instance, groups.yahoo.com are no longer available to me. Anyone else experiencing this and found an answer?
TheBig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-08-2003, 22:03   #2
johnnycocktail
Inactive

johnnycocktail is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johnnycocktail
mine is then same, really bad.

usally have to refresh 4-5 time just to get a page to load. It's rubbish..
johnnycocktail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 22:47   #3
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBig1
For instance, groups.yahoo.com are no longer available to me. Anyone else experiencing this and found an answer?
I think some people have used freeserves and found it better.. I'd find the info for you but im off to bed
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 23:57   #4
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
I think some people have used freeserves and found it better.. I'd find the info for you but im off to bed
Here you go.

Fresserves DNS Servers -

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 00:33   #5
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
i have used pipex's DNS servers before they are faster then NTL's
maybe worth a try too

kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 12:22   #6
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Quote:
Originally posted by carlingman
Here you go.

Fresserves DNS Servers -

Quote:
Originally posted by kronas
i have used pipex's DNS servers before they are faster then NTL's
maybe worth a try too

I will hopefully be using Pipex's DNS servers permantly soon
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote