Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | are you an avid chocolate eater

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

are you an avid chocolate eater

Old 28-08-2003, 01:17   #1
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
Arrow are you an avid chocolate eater

well then read this..............

research carried out in chicago has shown that dark chocolate could lower your blood pressure

dark chocolate contains a substance called polyphenols the same ingredient which other research has shown to have a benifical impact from red wine

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/08/26...ocolate_030826
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-08-2003, 01:39   #2
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
But dark chocolate tastes so awful
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 01:51   #3
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
I prefer white chocolate or milk.....
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 07:39   #4
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Mmmmm.......milk chocolate,hite choc, plain choc in that order.
And a trip to CadburyWorld for dessert!!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 09:08   #5
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness
I eat dark chocolate all the time but my blood pressure is high
Old 28-08-2003, 11:22   #6
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
I hate dark chocolate I can't eat white chocolate but milk chocolate oh yes i live on it
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 11:40   #7
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
A good dose of leeches should bring the blood pressure down
Old 28-08-2003, 14:42   #8
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramrod
A good dose of leeches should bring the blood pressure down
Just let one dissolve slowly under the tongue - (Quote credited to edmund blackadder)
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 13:15   #9
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Can't eat chocolate im "diabetic" but i can eat diabetic chocolate though still tastes very nice
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 13:29   #10
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
Can't eat chocolate im "diabetic" but i can eat diabetic chocolate though still tastes very nice
what the hell is diabetic chocolate made of? i treid some a while ago and it tasted rank...
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 14:48   #11
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
My wife is diabetic and was told to avoid all the 'diabetic' food and stick to normal stuff !!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 10:52   #12
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Plain chocolate does lower blood pressure to a degree but it's possible that something else in you diet may be raising it e.g. salt.

Blood pressure can only really be lowered by exercise and changes in diet. Walking for an hour per day and having a diet containing oily fish, garlic, tofu, pasta and high-fibre country grain bread help.

Might also be helpful to replace sugar with honey as it is anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. Taking Vitamins C and E Drinking help. 8 glasses of water containing a few teaspoonfuls of vinegar daily aids digestion and reduces acid indigestion and heartburn.

So it's still possible to have a fun diet and eat plain chocolate and reduce blood pressure all at the same time.

It's true what they say. You are what you eat!!
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 19:47   #13
kink

Quote:
Originally posted by ntluser
[Snippity snip]......

It's true what they say. You are what you eat!!
And to think all this time i thought i was a woman.... and i'm actually a bar of chocolate

The benefits of eating good quality chocolate, high in cocoa solids, has been known for a long time... it's actually all the high in additives and sugars/fat chocolate products that make people put on weight and engender other unhealthy side effects.
Chocolate also helps to give you an endorphin rush.... makes you happy
Until you look in the mirror a couple of weeks later and see that the chocolate has miraculously leapt OUT of the wrapper and attached itself to parts of your body without your permission Then the endorphin rush disappears as quickly as it appeared

I've just got back from Switzerland... the home of great chocolate... so i'm a very happy bunny.... and if we are what we eat as ntluser suggests, then i'm a big happy chocolate bunny
Old 31-08-2003, 20:15   #14
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Quote:
Originally posted by kink
And to think all this time i thought i was a woman.... and i'm actually a bar of chocolate

The benefits of eating good quality chocolate, high in cocoa solids, has been known for a long time... it's actually all the high in additives and sugars/fat chocolate products that make people put on weight and engender other unhealthy side effects.
Chocolate also helps to give you an endorphin rush.... makes you happy
Until you look in the mirror a couple of weeks later and see that the chocolate has miraculously leapt OUT of the wrapper and attached itself to parts of your body without your permission Then the endorphin rush disappears as quickly as it appeared

I've just got back from Switzerland... the home of great chocolate... so i'm a very happy bunny.... and if we are what we eat as ntluser suggests, then i'm a big happy chocolate bunny
How 'sweet' you are!!

I bet you must be in your element when Easter comes round!!
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 20:22   #15
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by kronas
well then read this..............

research carried out in chicago has shown that dark chocolate could lower your blood pressure

dark chocolate contains a substance called polyphenols the same ingredient which other research has shown to have a benifical impact from red wine

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/08/26...ocolate_030826
I read in The Times (or it may have been New Scientist), that if you have milk with your chocolate it counteracts all the goodness.

oh, and back Kinky Kink.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote