Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flight Simualtor 2004: A Century Of Flight

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Flight Simualtor 2004: A Century Of Flight

Old 27-08-2003, 19:39   #1
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Flight Simualtor 2004: A Century Of Flight

If anyones got Flight Simualtor 2004: A Century Of Flight, i want to know what its like.

Feedback please
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2003, 23:29   #2
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
I have it, they really should have renamed it FS2004 : A decade of sh*te, it's still using crappy autogen scenery, it's still a resource hog and frankly apart from a couple of extra planes I see no improvement on FS2002 .. and 4 CD's? WTF? Only sh*te games come on 4 CD's (see "Enter The Matrix" for a good example of this)
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 07:27   #3
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Its just crazy for M$ to put it on 4 discs. I don't see the need for it, a couple planes and a load of scenery. whats up with that?
Old 29-08-2003, 11:06   #4
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age
So is this game/sim not worth it?

I was interested in this...the last one I had was 98!...I should see an improvement over that version shouldn't? ...but not over 2002?
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 12:58   #5
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

If you had FS98 then i recommend this one. its only people with FS2002 that don't seem to like it that much.
Old 29-08-2003, 19:26   #6
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
You'll see a difference (though probably not a marked one) over FS 98, I think it's the autogen scenery that puts me off, it seems to look the same throughout every version, crap during low level flight, the building models are at best .. basic, only the plane models really seem to be of a high standard.
Old 29-08-2003, 19:27   #7
Bifta
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
If you had FS98 then i recommend this one. its only people with FS2002 that don't seem to like it that much.
Heh, you're asking what the game is like in one post, then recommending it in another ... what gives?
Old 04-09-2003, 20:15   #8
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Im recommending it on by what ive read
Old 16-09-2003, 05:30   #9
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve
Go for the real thing you wussies.
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 13:02   #10
spacedhopper
Inactive

spacedhopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerrek
Go for the real thing you wussies.
We probably would if it wasn't £100 per hour and a minimum of 55 hours flightime. I have had 10 lessons so far and its killing my bank balance
spacedhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 16:09   #11
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by spacedhopper
We probably would if it wasn't £100 per hour and a minimum of 55 hours flightime. I have had 10 lessons so far and its killing my bank balance
Another 10 hours then a week in Florida, you can have it done for far far less cash.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 16:13   #12
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Are we actually talking about the game or the real thing here???
Old 16-09-2003, 17:00   #13
Bifta
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
Are we actually talking about the game or the real thing here???
Both, why, which bit of the thread is confusing you? (tip: try reading it)
Old 16-09-2003, 17:00   #14
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve
OUCH. Here it is £50 an hour and you only need 40 hours [most people do 50 to 60 though]. But it is still a great way to blow money. And if you think this is expensive, try going for multiengine... Planes then cost £125 or so an hour (must be quite a bit more then on that side of the pool). You can literally blow a thousand dollars a day quite easily.
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 17:10   #15
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerrek
OUCH. Here it is £50 an hour and you only need 40 hours [most people do 50 to 60 though]. But it is still a great way to blow money. And if you think this is expensive, try going for multiengine... Planes then cost £125 or so an hour (must be quite a bit more then on that side of the pool). You can literally blow a thousand dollars a day quite easily.
Hence why I said complete your training in FLA. Near where I live there is a local aerodrome, one of the guys from there went and set up an affiliate in Florida so you can seamlessly move from one to the other.

Leave the wife and kids in disney and finish your training - everyones happy.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote