Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I can't cope anymore with this...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I can't cope anymore with this...

Old 25-08-2003, 19:28   #1
stephenn
Inactive

stephenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I can't cope anymore with this...

I have finally decided that ntl is not for me, inparticular the telephony service. What I want to do is keep my cable modem and cable tv but get rid of the phone service and reconnect to BT.

I currently have the base pack TV and cable modem 512k, so if I remove the telephone, how much cheaper will my service charges be? I have tried CS but well there's nobody there

Cheers

Stephen.
stephenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2003, 19:30   #2
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to grum1978
Is your tv digital tv stephenn?
grum1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 19:35   #3
stephenn
Inactive

Yes my TV service is digital. Caller Display is one of the reasons why I would like to reconnect to BT.
Old 25-08-2003, 19:37   #4
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to grum1978
The price of the digital tv packages includes a telephone line rental if you choose not to take a phone with ntl you still pay the same price for your tv.
grum1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 19:50   #5
stephenn
Inactive

Great Stuff! I'll just get rid of the tv and telephone when I get back from my holiday. Sky and BT here I come.... well soon!!
Old 25-08-2003, 20:07   #6
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by stephenn
Great Stuff! I'll just get rid of the tv and telephone when I get back from my holiday. Sky and BT here I come.... well soon!!
Make sure you are over your 12 months contract Stephenn, before you cancel these services or your liable to penalties.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 20:41   #7
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Each to there own but I would rather not have a phone than go back to BT
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 22:27   #8
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by stephenn
You will also find a more professional customer services with free voice mail and free itemised billing.
Undisputedtruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 22:32   #9
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
If you are on 600K and have a BT line (coming) then you should look at canceling the BB with them too.

You can get 512K for as little as £18.99 on ADSL!

Try Kittys site

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

or

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 02:46   #10
DeadKenny
Inactive

Services: PlusNet 2Mbps Premier. BT. Sky Digital. TiVo.
DeadKenny will become famous soon enoughDeadKenny will become famous soon enoughDeadKenny will become famous soon enough
Ditch the TV and phone at least. Definitely worth getting Sky (I left years back now when NTL couldn't provide digital TV despite 3 years of broken promises). I still have cable modem and currently the phone but the plan is to get a BT line for at least caller ID, apply for ADSL and if I get accepted... bye bye NTL forever . It means I'll have to drop the 1Meg BB, but that's not a problem as I'm really after 256kbps upstream and you get that with 512kbps ADSL unlike NTL's pathetic 128kbps upstream on the 600kbps service.

Get the BT line first though, and see if you can get ADSL before ditching the cable modem (thankfully BT are nice and tell you flat whether the line is crap or not, unlike NTL who just provide you with the cable modem and then let you suffer with a broken modem thanks to signal level problems for a year or more ).
DeadKenny is offline   Reply With Quote