Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] What paper do you read in the morning

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] What paper do you read in the morning
View Poll Results: what paper do you read ?
Guardian 6 22.22%
Times 2 7.41%
Sun 3 11.11%
Mirror 2 7.41%
Express 1 3.70%
Mail 1 3.70%
Independent 3 11.11%
Star 0 0%
Telegraph 0 0%
Other (Please specify in thread) 3 11.11%
None, I don't read a morning paper 6 22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-11-2003, 13:12   #1
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
[Merged] What paper do you read in the morning

I was reading with interest that Nthellworld.co.uk has made the national new paper(s), well it made the Guardian, but lets not allow that to take anything from it, its an historic day in the history of our new site.

As I was reading Towny's thread Here and I wondered which papers our members read, so here's a
thread to find out.

Please be honest, there's no one judging you, its just yet another interesting and fun diversion from real work

I read the Times

edit Well it was going to be a poll but it didn't work, so you'll just have to post in the thread!!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2003, 13:14   #2
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Which Newspaper do you read??

The Heliograph (ok, just Hagar, but it has words!)
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:16   #3
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

The only paper I read is The Sunday Life.

During the week I get my news from skynews.com or
news.bbc.co.uk
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:17   #4
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Guardian
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:17   #5
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve

Toronto Star
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:18   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

The Evening Standard (local paper in London) because I like it's news coverage. The Mirror occasionally and the Sun occaionally (because it is funny).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:20   #7
Ben
Inactive

Ben will become famous soon enoughBen will become famous soon enoughBen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ben

This is a vote Looks like a normal thread to me

Anyway I read "The Sun" but if you mean a real newspaper because come on... you can't call the Sun a newspaper really can you, Then I would have to say I don't Apart from our local Comet :p
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:20   #8
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
This is a vote Looks like a normal thread to me

Anyway I read "The Sun" but if you mean a real newspaper because come on... you can't can the Sun a newspaper really can you, Then I would have to say I don't Apart from our local Comet :p
Yer, but I messed it up and took too long to put in the names of the papers so you'll all just have to say it out loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrek
Toronto Star
Is that like the Morning Star?? (commi paper!)
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:27   #9
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

I read the Derry Journal, Belfast Telegraph and Irish Times.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:34   #10
homealone

Grimsby Evening Telegraph
Old 28-11-2003, 13:37   #11
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

news.google.co.uk, because it gathers news from a wide number of sources I (hopefully) get a more balanced view from it.
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:43   #12
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
Grimsby Evening Telegraph

Oooo I forgot about that one!
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 13:47   #13
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

The Times
Old 28-11-2003, 14:33   #14
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

I read the nthellworld.co.uk news rather than be part of chopping down more trees to waste paper.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 15:21   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

All of them!

Actually if I get to the stack of papers first in the morning I take the Independent and the Telegraph, then the Guardian 3rd if need be.

We share the task of compiling a daily clippings file on our industry sector.

I avoid the FT and the Wall St Journal like the plague, but if I had to make a 4th or 5th choice for reading it would be the Mail, then the Express.

If I actually buy a paper for myself (which isn't very often), it would be the Telegraph Mon-Sat, or the Sunday Times. Normally when I want to find out what's on the news I listen to BBC R4 (Today on the way in to work, and PM on the way home) or go to BBC News OnLine.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote