Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Instalation problems!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Instalation problems!

Old 06-12-2004, 19:14   #1
kage
Inactive

kage is an unknown quantity at this point
Instalation problems!

I had the modem installed about a WEEK ago. i tryed registering via the cd but it just wouldnt work. i phoned them up and they said there was something wrong with my computer and there was nothing they could do. i tryed registering without the cd but i got this msg wen i tryed
We are sorry but your order details are incomplete and we are unable to register your cable modem until the order has been completed. You will need to call our customer support team to complete your complete your order. Please contact our customer support on 0800 052 2000 for help.

What does this mean??? please help i loose all internet connections on the 13th December.
kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2004, 19:50   #2
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: Instalation problems!

hi and to the site , there are some very useful ntl peeps on here who i am sure will be more than willing to help when they see your plea , hang around a bit
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 19:53   #3
homealone

to Cable Forum, kage.

there were issues recently, where there was a backlog on the registrations, but I thought it had been cleared.

I think all you can do is phone CS, as advised, and make sure your account is properly set up at their end.

In the meantime, how are you trying to connect - usb or ethernet?

<edit> & no - I don't work for ntl but like Paul says, there are several helpful members around here, that do
Old 06-12-2004, 19:53   #4
kage
Inactive

Ok iv tried without the cd and it says my order information is not complete?? i really dont understand this and im starting to think its not worth it at all!
Old 06-12-2004, 19:54   #5
kage
Inactive

usb. ethernet doesnt seem to work.
Old 06-12-2004, 19:58   #6
homealone

have to logout for a bit - back later, hope you get something sorted
Old 06-12-2004, 22:17   #7
maverick
Inactive

maverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these partsmaverick is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage
I had the modem installed about a WEEK ago. i tryed registering via the cd but it just wouldnt work. i phoned them up and they said there was something wrong with my computer and there was nothing they could do. i tryed registering without the cd but i got this msg wen i tryed
We are sorry but your order details are incomplete and we are unable to register your cable modem until the order has been completed. You will need to call our customer support team to complete your complete your order. Please contact our customer support on 0800 052 2000 for help.

What does this mean??? please help i loose all internet connections on the 13th December.
This is probably an error with the registration data base,this should be easy to fix but you will need to contact tech support to do this for you.
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 22:27   #8
homealone

Quote:
usb. ethernet doesnt seem to work.
if you can get your network card shown as working in device manager, without the rj45 plugged in, the the problem may be the cable from pc to modem.

ethernet is the way to do it, not usb

- and what maverick said
Old 06-12-2004, 22:32   #9
kage
Inactive

when i tryed using the cd it said cannot connect to your default gateway would this effect doing it without the cd???
Old 06-12-2004, 22:48   #10
homealone

Quote:
when i tryed using the cd it said cannot connect to your default gateway would this effect doing it without the cd???
yes - what operating system are you using - win xp, 98, unix, etc ?
Old 06-12-2004, 22:51   #11
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

It's a problem on the account setup, if you want to pm me your details I can have a look tomorrow
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 23:00   #12
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
It's a problem on the account setup, if you want to pm me your details I can have a look tomorrow
there's an ...

seriously kage, Debsy works for ntl & it's safe to send her your details - get a mod or admin to confirm that, if you have any further concerns
Old 06-12-2004, 23:06   #13
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Consider it confirmed

You can trust Debsy, kage.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 23:40   #14
kage
Inactive

ok but what details do you need? list them please =)