Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ouija boards

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ouija boards

Old 29-11-2004, 04:27   #1
san antonio man
Inactive

san antonio man is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to san antonio man
ouija boards

hello this is a thread about ouija boards i am thinking about buying one but on the other hand i dont know.
has anyone used one and if so has anything bad happened?.
san antonio man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2004, 05:06   #2
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Re: ouija boards

NO no no no no no no no. Steer clear of them mate, when used correctly they can be ok, if you use them on your own you could be leaving yourself open to alsorts. We played one a few years ago on a homemade one, me dad woke up at 3 in the morning to find the letters and glass flying round his bedroom.
Old 29-11-2004, 05:41   #3
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

It's nonsense.

Penn and Teller debunk things now, and one of the things was the ouija board.

They held a seance with blindfolded people, and it gave yes/no answers etc. Then without telling the group, the rotated the board round. The continued the seance and the pointer pointed to where yes/no used to be, but were now empty spaces on the board.

Its all power of suggestion and mind tricks. I also remembered a thing with Darren Brown a while ago which was cool, and largely proved the same point.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 05:45   #4
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge
NO no no no no no no no. Steer clear of them mate, when used correctly they can be ok, if you use them on your own you could be leaving yourself open to alsorts. We played one a few years ago on a homemade one, me dad woke up at 3 in the morning to find the letters and glass flying round his bedroom.
Ditto the above, never touched it myself but have heard some bad stories, stories ?? maybe, but there must be something in it.
And why is it called a ouija board anyway ?? I know it means " yes, yes " but yes to what ??????

And anyway's, as Nidge says...............No no no no no
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 08:41   #5
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

did it once scared myself stupid
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 08:51   #6
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I
did it when I was in my early teens. It told me I would have a car crash in a white car when I was 30. I ****e myself at the time I was 30 and avoided white cars. And will never enter a white car.

Having said that I past 30 and still alive.

But on the run up to that age there was not a day I did not think about it.

Don't do it..........
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 11:17   #7
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

Why do people find it easier to believe in evil and the occult than God??

If there is a black there has to be a white....surely.

A lot of people will say Ouija boards.....oooohhh stay away... dodgy. And quite right they are but yet can't or won't believe in God.

My advice to you San Antonio Man is to seek God and not evil. You won't regret it....
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 11:24   #8
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salu
Why do people find it easier to believe in evil and the occult than God??

If there is a black there has to be a white....surely.

A lot of people will say Ouija boards.....oooohhh stay away... dodgy. And quite right they are but yet can't or won't believe in God.

My advice to you San Antonio Man is to seek God and not evil. You won't regret it....

So making contact with the dead is evil, meaning that anyone that is dead is evil??? WOW extreme view matey.

I refuse to believe in religion at all, I never understood the christian faith, how it preaches tolerance yet is extremely intolerant.
I do however believe in life after death. Your body contains energy, you cant destroy energy only change it from one form to another, when we die, where does that energy go?

Hard as I may try, I dont find Derek Accora evil, Having seen paranormal activity myself I dont think I'm evil. Having visited a spiritualist I dont consider them to be evil.

Back to the Ouija board, yes there are dangers, as Mr Accora says, its like leaving your front door open with a sign saying All Welcome, you just dont know who or what will come through.

Refusing any advice on the grounds of your religious beliefs isnt sound. If you desperately want a ouija board I'd seek guidance from Professionals first. and most certainly be very very carefull.
Old 29-11-2004, 11:34   #9
Salu
Inactive

Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarrior2001
So making contact with the dead is evil, meaning that anyone that is dead is evil??? WOW extreme view matey.

I refuse to believe in religion at all, I never understood the christian faith, how it preaches tolerance yet is extremely intolerant.
I do however believe in life after death. Your body contains energy, you cant destroy energy only change it from one form to another, when we die, where does that energy go?

Hard as I may try, I dont find Derek Accora evil, Having seen paranormal activity myself I dont think I'm evil. Having visited a spiritualist I dont consider them to be evil.

Back to the Ouija board, yes there are dangers, as Mr Accora says, its like leaving your front door open with a sign saying All Welcome, you just dont know who or what will come through.

Refusing any advice on the grounds of your religious beliefs isnt sound. If you desperately want a ouija board I'd seek guidance from Professionals first. and most certainly be very very carefull.
I didn't actually say that....but

Evil is anything that is not of God or against God's will. So by San Antonio Man ?looking into Ouija he would be going against God's will..... so you could say that it was evil, yes.

We form the word Good from God and it is no coincidence.
Old 29-11-2004, 11:38   #10
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M

Quote:
He didn't say that, you added the perceived conclusion yourself.

From my point of view, you aren't contacting the "dead" .. you are actually speaking to evil spirits.
My understanding is that we cannot commune with the dead at all, often, when we think we are, it's an evil spirit impersonating a family member or loved one.

The Bible specifically condemns divination, witchcraft and mediums, not because it's just a rule, but because it's so dangerous.
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 12:03   #11
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lv3r
He didn't say that, you added the perceived conclusion yourself.

From my point of view, you aren't contacting the "dead" .. you are actually speaking to evil spirits.
My understanding is that we cannot commune with the dead at all, often, when we think we are, it's an evil spirit impersonating a family member or loved one.

The Bible specifically condemns divination, witchcraft and mediums, not because it's just a rule, but because it's so dangerous.
The bible is 2000 ish years old.

I'd say its probably a tad out of touch with modern life.

OK I accept thats not exactly what he said, but I take great personal pains to insist that the person I had contact with knew only things me and she knew, and were repeated to me via the medium. Now I like to take great comfort from the fact that Louise is still around me and notices the things I do from day to day. There may be no heaven for her, as she took her own life, and God the all forgiving would banish her from heaven as unfit. Thats neither here nor there really as my gripe isnt with christianity as such. However I dont understand how Christians can pray to god knowing only god willk answer, yet if someone who probably or in my case certainly doesnt believe in god "prays" or makes contact with others its regarded as evil.

Well as much as I dont wish to offend people for their beliefs I must in all decency of my own beliefs stick two fingers up at that. I'm guessing because Hindu's dont pray to GOD they are evil, that their gods are evil spirits. Thats how it sounds and looks to me, how can Christians be so sure? How can they insist that their beliefs are the only true ones and that to worship anything else is evil. Sorry this is the 21st century and we've moved on from roasting people at the stake, people seek comfort in any way that is relevant to them, be it the christian church, the church of jesus christ later day saint or the church of satan. If they seek to contact the dead by means of a ouija board that is the path they have chosen for themselves and they shouldnt have advice thats tainted with someone elses religious views.

Wiccan withcraft teaches people that anything you do to others comes back 3 fold, you point your finger, its one to them and three back at you. Voodoo is a religion that is seriously misunderstood, we seem to be infatuated with the negative side of it, however all religions have this and all religions have a means of communication with the dead, be it praying to jesus, who I believe died a few years ago nailed to a wooden cross. Or communication with departed loved ones. If there is a heaven, and theres an afterlife why should there not be communication?

Ouija boards like all tools can be misused and if not used correctly can prove to be dangerous, however if used correctly can be informative and although scary can lead to a greater understanding and an inner peace.
Old 29-11-2004, 12:27   #12
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salu
I don't think preaching to people on here is entirely appropriate, no other christian members do it.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 12:29   #13
Salu
Inactive

Interesting questions......

Have you actually sought God or just researched Him? If you earnestly sought God then He would answer. He has to millions of others across the world for centuries....
Old 29-11-2004, 12:31   #14
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The bible is 2000 ish years old.

I'd say its probably a tad out of touch with modern life.

OK I accept thats not exactly what he said, but I take great personal pains to insist that the person I had contact with knew only things me and she knew, and were repeated to me via the medium. Now I like to take great comfort from the fact that Louise is still around me and notices the things I do from day to day. There may be no heaven for her, as she took her own life, and God the all forgiving would banish her from heaven as unfit. Thats neither here nor there really as my gripe isnt with christianity as such. However I dont understand how Christians can pray to god knowing only god willk answer, yet if someone who probably or in my case certainly doesnt believe in god "prays" or makes contact with others its regarded as evil.

Well as much as I dont wish to offend people for their beliefs I must in all decency of my own beliefs stick two fingers up at that. I'm guessing because Hindu's dont pray to GOD they are evil, that their gods are evil spirits. Thats how it sounds and looks to me, how can Christians be so sure? How can they insist that their beliefs are the only true ones and that to worship anything else is evil. Sorry this is the 21st century and we've moved on from roasting people at the stake, people seek comfort in any way that is relevant to them, be it the christian church, the church of jesus christ later day saint or the church of satan. If they seek to contact the dead by means of a ouija board that is the path they have chosen for themselves and they shouldnt have advice thats tainted with someone elses religious views.

Wiccan withcraft teaches people that anything you do to others comes back 3 fold, you point your finger, its one to them and three back at you. Voodoo is a religion that is seriously misunderstood, we seem to be infatuated with the negative side of it, however all religions have this and all religions have a means of communication with the dead, be it praying to jesus, who I believe died a few years ago nailed to a wooden cross. Or communication with departed loved ones. If there is a heaven, and theres an afterlife why should there not be communication?

Ouija boards like all tools can be misused and if not used correctly can prove to be dangerous, however if used correctly can be informative and although scary can lead to a greater understanding and an inner peace.

I can only echo all of that. I used a home made board once - two 'spirits' contacted us. Neither of them were related to anyone involved, but used to at one point or another live in the building in which we were using our board. They weren't evil at all, but very inquisitive, almost chatty...! It was all very friendly, and very awesome. I wouldn't recommmend people do boards, but I can only say my experience was a good one.

I don't believe in God. I've never seen him, he's never spoke to me, and he's let friends and family of mine die way before their time.

The spirits I encountered whilst doing the board 'spoke' to me, were friendly, did nothing to upset me and didn't take away any friends or family.

I know what I'd rather believe in.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 12:37   #15
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
I don't think preaching to people on here is entirely appropriate, no other christian members do it.
Whilst I agree this site isnââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t for preaching on (and it's not something I'd ever do), I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t see the difference between one of us bible-bashers preaching and an atheist saying there is no God.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote