Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Shalom

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Shalom

Old 21-11-2004, 16:30   #1
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Shalom

Greetings from rainy Israel
We've had beautiful sunshine over the weekend, but finally winter has caught up with us.
Sounds like there may be snow in the Golan and even Jerusalem soon.
So far the worst meal I've had has been a pot-mashed potatoe which doesn't really count I suppose, so the next has to be the McDonalds (it's so much better than in England!)
Off out for another delicious meal tonight.
If you love steaks, this is definitley the place to come!

In light news, recently Israeli forces have gone to the aid of some terrorists who had dug a tunnel from Egypt into Gaza to smuggle weapons etc.
With the rains the tunnel collapsed trapping them.
The Israeli forces were happy to come to the rescue. Once given medical attention, they were of course arrested
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2004, 16:35   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Shalom

Enojy the McD Xaccers Keep yourself safe too
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 16:37   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers
If you love steaks, this is definitley the place to come!
Mmmmmm, I love steaks. Why are you out there ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 17:11   #4
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Mmmmmm, I love steaks. Why are you out there ?
Visiting friends and seeing some of the sites.
Went up to the sea of galalie over the sabbath for a folk festival which was, um, very folkie...
Saw the remains of a 2000 year old boat they found during a drought when the sea receeded enough. It may have been used by jesus, or in a revolt against the romans, or it may just have been a fishermans boat which sank.
Popped up to the Lebanise border, and waved over the top of the Golan Heights at Syria.
Drove along the Eucalyptus lined road (the trees were planted so that no one could shoot at civilian traffic)
Went across to the med where the old British railway line used to be.
I think tomorrow I have an exam, and I've got to sort out the laptop I've left here as some stupid berk has had a go at trying to get it on her wireless network and for some reason removed it from the domain it was in, and totally screwed up the networking *joy*
Old 21-11-2004, 18:16   #5
Macca371

שלום!

Sounds like a fascinating place to be, I'd love to be there myself. Have a good time!!
Old 21-11-2004, 19:20   #6
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

Lucky boy!!! Eat all the Falafel u can.. I sure miss them heh.....U been around the country a lot already not that it's a big country. It's smaller than wales hehe.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 21:23   #7
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Given the situation, I am not sure I can honestly say I wish I was there (I would like to one day though), but glad you are having a nice time mate.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 21:50   #8
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era

The news can completely misrepresent the entire feeling and atmosphere of Israel. You'd think that ppl go around fearful of something that can happen but as long u travel safely, It just like a normal holiday.
Old 22-11-2004, 00:35   #9
Xaccers
Inactive

Yeah, you don't hear about the peaceful muslims who are quite happy to call themselves Israeli.
Like the muslim family that came and ate in McDonalds.
Or the Palestinians or Lebanese who pop across the borders for healthcare etc.
It's also interesting to see all the attempts by Israeli's to come up with acceptable plans for co-existance with a Palestinian state from as far back as the 60's.
99.999999999999% of people live in peace and want to keep it that way.
Old 22-11-2004, 00:38   #10
Macca371

Yes, unfortunately Israel is centred around thoughts of violence and conflict too much these days.
Old 22-11-2004, 11:40   #11
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age

Well, I can probably claim the fastest tour of Israel ever. Overnight boat from Cyprus to Haifa. Coach to Jerusalem. Whirlwind 3 hour tour of the old city. Lunch in Bethlehem. Back to the boat.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2004, 11:50   #12
TigaSefi
Inactive

hehe theo, that great....my fastest tour of Israel was 3am - drive to the Dead sea, climbed the mountain by foot .. the name is on the tip of the my tongue, 7am take a dip in the dead sea and spread mud on myself, washed then showered (takes a bit of time) and then to Hebron in the palestinian areas. Had lunch there then back to Jersualem for a tour round the old city and fin about 5pm.
Old 22-11-2004, 14:20   #13
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I hear Israel has a biblical-styled plague of locusts atm
Old 22-11-2004, 14:47   #14
TigaSefi
Inactive

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/504347.html

u mean this ?

and this too

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/504371.html
Old 22-11-2004, 15:03   #15
punky
Inactive

Yup. Some amazing pictures on the TV.