Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bye! Bye! NTL - Hello Sky!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Bye! Bye! NTL - Hello Sky!!

Old 18-08-2003, 22:32   #1
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold
Bye! Bye! NTL - Hello Sky!!

Finally getting myself a sky digibox and minidish installed tomorrow. Hope for a better picture and full use of the magic red button.

Keeping the BB modem no problems there. Just had enough of paying NTL to much for the Digital TV service when it's quicker and easier to get Digital TV from Sky.

Anyone else agree?
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2003, 22:38   #2
Defiant

Haha nice one. I switched to FREEview myself not missing anything either. Strange but I find that faster then NTL too and the sound is much better
Old 18-08-2003, 22:40   #3
alexcopeland
Inactive

alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold
Well I'll post what I think of the picture and sound etc. tomorrow night!
Old 19-08-2003, 04:28   #4
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Oh how I miss NTL when I'm down at my parents'!
Picture's not quite as good with sky, now and next bar isn't thought out as well as the NTL one (who the hell thought that going upand down the times should be left and right???)
ADSL is so much slower than NTL 600 too

Wish they lived in a ntl area still
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 08:09   #5
Gogogo

Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
Haha nice one. I switched to FREEview myself not missing anything either. Strange but I find that faster then NTL too and the sound is much better
Will be joining you soon. Had enough of useless epg, failure to provide interactive TV and failure to provide BB along with unanswered letters enquiring about the same and the talking down rudeness of ntl staffers on nthellworld.com site.

Old 19-08-2003, 17:21   #6
alexcopeland
Inactive

Well there it is in all it's glory! One Sky Digital digibox and minidish and it's doing the trick! EPG is always up to date. Interactive works and is bloody quick. There is loads of channels that are included that NTL don't through in as well.
Old 19-08-2003, 17:41   #7
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness
I'm, trying to talk my parents into getting Sky digi.
They pay NTL a whopping £62 a month Plus my BB thats £24.99
Now with Sky the ful package of roughly what we get on NTL is £37 a month and NTL telephone line rental isnt £25 a month is it?
Old 19-08-2003, 17:43   #8
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to grum1978
Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
I'm, trying to talk my parents into getting Sky digi.
They pay NTL a whopping £62 a month Plus my BB thats £24.99
Now with Sky the ful package of roughly what we get on NTL is £37 a month and NTL telephone line rental isnt £25 a month is it?
I take it you have an additional stb then? check out sky's prices on them
grum1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 17:44   #9
Macca
Inactive

Macca is on a distinguished roadMacca is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Sounds like they have Talk 24 (free daytime, evening & w/end calls to any landline in the UK) which is why they are paying an additional #15.50 on top their #9.50 phone line.
Macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 17:46   #10
timewarrior2001

Yeah we have an additional STB. Dont really use it though so Sky digi wouldnt be a problem.
I just dont understand how NTL price things, I am sure they pick a price from thin air.
NTL stated before that and additional decoder was £17 (i think) we are only being billed £10 for it.
I have a mate lives not 500 metres from me, he's getting 600K BB for £14.99 a month for a 12 month period.

Nope we dont have any talk time agreements on our NTL bill, not even a friends and family thing.
Old 19-08-2003, 17:48   #11
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
an addtional stb is £15 per month on ntl. Your mate should be paying £15.99 and if he is, he will be on a BOGOF deal simple really :p

Hope you manage to get them to get it though
Old 19-08-2003, 17:51   #12
timewarrior2001

What the hells a BOGOF deal when its at home? lol
Old 19-08-2003, 17:52   #13
grum1978
Inactive

buy one get one free

bascially gives customers a good deal on bundled products
Old 19-08-2003, 17:59   #14
timewarrior2001

Ahh right.

I'm curious now though.
We have the full package of TV channels from NTL. But used to be on the 5 packages deal etc when DIGI first came to our area.

Now we get a few more channels, usually shopping ones and Disc Wings which I looked forward to and is infact pathetic but thats another thread entirely.
I understand that we get the telephone line rental in with this package and pay for the extra decoder. All for £62 pm.

Obviously the CM is £24.99 gets billed on the TV bill.......yes we get seperate TV and telephone bills.

Now If we swap to Sky, we lose 1 decoder which isnt a problem to us, pay line rental and pay NTL for the BB.
This will cost us
£37 for the sky subscription
£10 line rental from NTL
£24.99 BB from NTL
Giving a total of : £71.99 pm

Stay with NTL but remove the extra decoder (being fair) we would pay:-
£62.99 minus £10 (as this is what NTL charge us for the exxtra decoder) = £52.99
£24.99 for CM
Giving a total of : £77.98

Hopefully my maths hasnt made me look like a right fool, but I'd actually be better off going to Sky.
Why should I choose to stay at NTL............anyone?
Old 19-08-2003, 18:06   #15
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14
So you can moan about them?

Thats about the only reason
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote