Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Installation Hell - Nottingham

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Installation Hell - Nottingham

Old 03-11-2004, 12:24   #1
stu673
Inactive

Services: NTL 2Meg
stu673 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installation Hell - Nottingham

Hello, my name is Stuart and I have issues.

On 20th September I phoned my local NTL sales rep who came round that very afternoon to sign me up for a nice cheap(I'm a student...) broadband & phone package.

We got a letter through the post confirming our install date for broadband on 07/10/04 AM. On the aforementioned day I got a phone call at 12:30PM to tell me that the engineer couldn't make it. The install was re-arranged for 11/10/04.

On the 11/10/04 the engineer actually showed his face for 2 minutes and managed to tell us that our 'signal was good' before telling us that there was a shortage of modems and there would be a 3-5 day wait.

That was almost a MONTH ago. We are on the phone most days to NTL customer services for a couple of hours. Each time we get a 'Promise' that it'll be here in 1 day, 2 days etc.

To top it all off, a day or two after the engineer came to check our signal, we have received our first bill!!! and for what I ask you?! This is ridiculous.

As we are students we only signed up for a 9 month contract but by the time we actually get anything installed, there will only be about 6 months of the academic year left!!

Is there anyone here nice enough to try and explain why this has gone so hideously wrong?!

Stuart
stu673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2004, 13:34   #2
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: Installation Hell - Nottingham

*Sigh*

**Shakes head**

Depending on where you are in the country, I would give one of the people on this list a call: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/wh...rge-of-ntlhome

How unlike ntl to take the customer's money & then not give too much of a hoot.....
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote