Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fireworks and motorways

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Fireworks and motorways

Old 12-10-2004, 08:54   #1
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age
Thumbs down Fireworks and motorways

It's that time of year and the youth of today never cease to amaze me!

On my way to work today I drove under a motorway bridge. As i did that I noticed what I thought was a discarded cigarette. I just happened to look in my rear view as the car behind me drove over it too, both going about 60. The cigarette BLEW UP!...yes it was a firework! ...perfectly timed it exploded underneath the car behind me....other than a fright no damage was caused, no swerving or explosions! (luckily no leaking petrol tanks, hey Nugget!). I noticed some kids on the bridge as I was driving upto the bridge but they were not on the bridge after the firework had gone off.... hmmm.

Anyway, i just wanted to give you all the head's up on this years youthful craze of throwing fireworks off of bridges
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2004, 08:58   #2
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Fireworks and motorways

Perhaps one day they'll get confused and throw themselves off the bridge and keep the firework up there.....

No, that's nasty! But I'm not surprised at the above. Seems like each year the little chavs find more and more inventive ways to play with their fireworks

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:20   #3
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
It's that time of year and the youth of today never cease to amaze me!

On my way to work today I drove under a motorway bridge. As i did that I noticed what I thought was a discarded cigarette. I just happened to look in my rear view as the car behind me drove over it too, both going about 60. The cigarette BLEW UP!...yes it was a firework! ...perfectly timed it exploded underneath the car behind me....other than a fright no damage was caused, no swerving or explosions! (luckily no leaking petrol tanks, hey Nugget!). I noticed some kids on the bridge as I was driving upto the bridge but they were not on the bridge after the firework had gone off.... hmmm.

Anyway, i just wanted to give you all the head's up on this years youthful craze of throwing fireworks off of bridges
Theres a 15 (I think) year old around here up on murder charges as they decided to drop a small fridge off one of our Dual carriageway bridges around where I live. It went straight through the windshield of a transit van and killed the driver.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:29   #4
gary_580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Perhaps one day they'll get confused and throw themselves off the bridge and keep the firework up there.....

No, that's nasty! But I'm not surprised at the above. Seems like each year the little chavs find more and more inventive ways to play with their fireworks

Broad brush!! Its not just chavs!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:37   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Ah well, sometimes it's nice to generalise

j/k!!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:20   #6
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

It's now illegal for anyone under 18 to have a firework in a public place - as if that's going to stop 'em
altis is offline   Reply With Quote