Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Programmes Worth Watching

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Programmes Worth Watching

Old 22-06-2003, 09:04   #1
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Programmes Worth Watching

Can forum members post the names of any programmes on cable (and the relevent channel e.g. Alias on Sky One) which they have found worth watching please?

Hopefully, we might tempt others to watch some of the programmes listed.

Over to you!!
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2003, 16:43   #2
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Well, far too late now as the last installment is tonight, but 'State of Play' on BBC1 has been excellent.

On BBC2, the Great War is still in its early stages; not to be missed on any account. PS If you wish to comment on this programme, do not spoil it for others by saying who won.

EDIT Oh, cable. Never mind, let's broaden the discussion.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 16:57   #3
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
24 BBC2 and the premiere episode of the week on BBC3 at 10.45 not too sure about the time on BBC2.

Charmed LivingTV S5 on Saturdays at 9pm

Angel S4? on Sky One on Thursdays (season finale on Thursday)
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 17:16   #4
homealone

Firefly - Sci-Fi Mondays, 21:00 (plus repeats on other days) - brilliant - Science Fiction with a "Spaghetti Western" feel, done by the same stable as Buffy & Angel.

also coming soon

New series of Andromeda - this Monday (tomorrow) Sky1, 20:00

New series of Mutant X - starts Sunday 6th July Sky1, 17:00 with a repeat of last episode from previous series same time 29/06/03.

dunno what I'm going to do now Buffy is gone, Enterprise has completed the current run & Angel finishes this Thursday.

There is a new show coming to replace Angel called Haunted - described as a "supernatural" series about a cop who is aided by spirits - might be worth a look.

Gaz
Old 22-06-2003, 17:19   #5
poolking
Inactive

poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Quote:
Originally posted by homealone
Firefly - Sci-Fi Mondays, 21:00 (plus repeats on other days) - brilliant - Science Fiction with a "Spaghetti Western" feel, done by the same stable as Buffy & Angel.

also coming soon

New series of Andromeda - this Monday (tomorrow) Sky1, 20:00

New series of Mutant X - starts Sunday 6th July Sky1, 17:00 with a repeat of last episode from previous series same time 29/06/03.

dunno what I'm going to do now Buffy is gone, Enterprise has completed the current run & Angel finishes this Thursday.

There is a new show coming to replace Angel called Haunted - described as a "supernatural" series about a cop who is aided by spirits - might be worth a look.

Gaz
What I've heard there are only 13 episodes of Haunted, thanks to the policies of US networks not giving fantasy/sci-fi a fair crack of the whip.
Old 22-06-2003, 17:20   #6
homealone

Quote:
Originally posted by poolking
What I've heard there are only 13 episodes of Haunted, thanks to the policies of US networks not giving fantasy/sci-fi a fair crack of the whip.
didn't know that - similar to what happened to Earth 2 by the sounds of it.

Gaz
Old 22-06-2003, 17:37   #7
bo-peep
Inactive

bo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enough
i like The Bill
bo-peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 17:41   #8
poolking
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by bo-peep
i like The Bill
I used to watch it relgiously, but I only watch it if a good storyline is developing.
Old 22-06-2003, 17:47   #9
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Exclamation

Quote:
i like The Bill
Hmm. Linking that comment and your sig block, would care to look us all straight in the eyes and say, "I like the Bill." :-)
Old 22-06-2003, 17:47   #10
bo-peep
Inactive

bo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enough
wot annoys me is that altho a lot of programs are repeated on ITV2.we have to wait years till they're on UKGold.i never have a blank video ready either.it's been really good just lately.a lot of it is filmed near where my friend lives in Surrey.i noticed the other nite that they were actually down his street
Old 22-06-2003, 17:47   #11
bo-peep
Inactive

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.i like The Bill.that do u?
Old 22-06-2003, 17:49   #12
Theodoric
Inactive

Quote:
wot annoys me is that altho a lot of programs are repeated on ITV2.we have to wait years till they're on UKGold.i never have a blank video ready either.it's been really good just lately.a lot of it is filmed near where my friend lives in Surrey.i noticed the other nite that they were actually down his street
Off hand I'd have said;

1) You need to be fairly old to be a Golden Oldie.

2) The older the programme, the cheaper the repeats cost. Is UK Gold run on a shoestring?
Old 22-06-2003, 17:54   #13
bo-peep
Inactive

i'm no golden oldie are u? i'm 21
Old 22-06-2003, 17:56   #14
Morpheus
Inactive

Morpheus is an unknown quantity at this point
you would not remember the magic roundabout, in that there was a guy called Zebedee, heard of him?
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 18:01   #15
bo-peep
Inactive

yep.i do know about the program.wot about zebedee?