Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fox hunting

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Fox hunting
View Poll Results: what should be done about fox hunting
A total ban 15 44.12%
A limited ban/restrictions 5 14.71%
No change 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2003, 21:46   #1
darkangel
Inactive

darkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the rough
Fox hunting

what do people think about fox hunting?
i personally find it repulsive in the present age that people would even consider hunting down a wild animal chasing it till it's exhausted and letting it be ripped to pieces by a pack of dogs
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2003, 21:49   #2
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
a total ban is what is needed for this disgusting so called 'sport' which brings nothing but suffering to foxes and dont start on the 'they steal chickens from farmers' so what its part of nature why dont the farmers just put up a better defense
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 21:56   #3
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Well.. It does happen naturally, I think people find it so repulsive cos the people who do it, get kicks out of it.. Strict Restrcitions are probably the best..
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 21:57   #4
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
It's unnecessary and repulsive. And posh, and that's enough reason to have it banned.
Old 01-08-2003, 21:58   #5
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by danielf
It's unnecessary and repulsive. And posh, and that's enough reason to have it banned.
exactly why do the royals do it what 'legitimate' reasons do they conjur up ?
Old 01-08-2003, 21:58   #6
Alan Waddington
Inactive

Alan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about them
While I have no particular desire to go fox hunting I don't go for this "ban everything the majority don't like" thing.

Next thing you know they'll be wanting to ban happy hour & replace the pubs with coffee shops.

Alan
Alan Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 21:58   #7
darkangel
Inactive

darkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Well.. It does happen naturally, I think people find it so repulsive cos the people who do it, get kicks out of it.. Strict Restrictions are probably the best..
what happens naturally?
Old 01-08-2003, 22:00   #8
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Quote:
Originally posted by darkangel
what happens naturally?
Predators go after there prey.
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 22:00   #9
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Waddington
While I have no particular desire to go fox hunting I don't go for this "ban everything the majority don't like" thing.
eh ?

no one said were going to ban everything the majorty do its a specific subject what plausable or actual valid reasons are there from fox hunting i already mentioned one that they seem to come up with
Old 01-08-2003, 22:02   #10
darkangel
Inactive

Quote:
true but the fox has a chance to escape and predators only kill what they eat, they don't rip apart animals for fun
Old 01-08-2003, 22:02   #11
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Quote:
Man after fox? Man after woman maybe. Oh, wait, I get it now...
Old 01-08-2003, 22:18   #12
darkangel
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by morris
fox's are vermin
care to expand on that statement
Old 01-08-2003, 22:24   #13
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
I don't really have a problem with the fox population being controlled as I'm sure they are a menace to farmers, it's just the way they are controlled that bothers me....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 00:29   #14
adj126
Inactive

adj126 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to know what all the fox protesters are going to do on the weekend when there are no fox hunts to protest about ?
Are there any air bases or bypasses that need their attention?
adj126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 05:39   #15
Alan Waddington
Inactive

Alan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about them
Quote:
Originally posted by kronas
eh ?

no one said were going to ban everything the majorty do its a specific subject what plausable or actual valid reasons are there from fox hunting i already mentioned one that they seem to come up with
While foxes are pretty to look at, they are a nuisance. Last year one night a young fox chewed up my clothes line (one of those rotary ones), which I'd taken down to mow the lawn. It also chewed up some outside cabling & dragged the following to the centre of the lawn & chewed up:
1) A bag of building sand.
2) A grow-bag with tomato plants
3) A bag of chipped bark.

Clearing the lawn up took some time.

So my opinion is "Not in my back yard" - literally.

However, I am more concerned the the gradual creep of law into regulating everything we do. The law should be there to allow people to coexist & settle their differences in a controlled manner. It should not be there to force other folks to conform to one's personal view of correct behaviour. If it was, then I'd like to see the following banned for a start:

Smoking - As a non-smoker it gets up my nose.
Dogs in public places - coz of the mess
Wimbledon on TV - I find tennis a boring spectator sport
All public service strikes - they inconvenience me
Dangerous sporting activities - I don't want to pay for other folks hospital treatment when they've done something stupid.
Off-topic discussion of Avril - it's getting tedious (a bit below the belt I know)

Well actually I don't want to see them banned because Article 29 (subsection (2)) of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights states:

"In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society."
Alan Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote