Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | depression

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

depression

Old 03-08-2004, 17:55   #1
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Question depression

how many ppl suffer from it i wonder , after having a very nasty accident at work last october i have finally decided that i am suffering from it , i was wondering if anyone else would like to share any experiences they have about it , i aint done this lightly as it is not something most ppl talk about openly , but if anyone wants to join in then feel free
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2004, 18:17   #2
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: depression

I have. Work related. Was on fluoxitine. Side effect: Burst out laughing for no reason whilst walking through staines highstreet.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 18:22   #3
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

I suffered from it, shortly after the realisation of impending redundancy set in (25 yrs service too). It disappeared as soon as I'd accepted one of the offers i'd recieved after spending considerable time doing the CV/JobSites/Interview thing. Fortunately, in my case termination date and start of new job where only separated by a single weekend.

I have ex-colleagues who havent been lucky and still havent found jobs several months later, some of those are in depression.

What helped me most during the period i was suffering was maintaining as much social contact and activity as possible, so as to avoid becoming broody, and deepening the depression.

I totally sympathise with sufferers of depression, it can be crippling, but you have to help yourself climb out of it.
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 18:23   #4
Earl of Bronze

I know since my partner died in Feburary, that I havent had an easy time of things. Havent slept well in months, flashbacks to the accident, nightmares. My life has been a huge $h1t sandwich since the accident, I feel guilty that I survived while a person 10 times the human being didnt make it. Every time I look in the mirror, a stranger looks back and all I see is bitterness. Even better, my solicitor is sending me to see a psychiatrist. So it seems I'm going bonkers. lol
Old 03-08-2004, 18:25   #5
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

well as some of you already know im going through it now, although its not as bad as it got at times previously, spontanious crying, feeling low.

at the moment its boredom, frustration, lack of clear thinking, lack of positive thoughts....

amongst other things....
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 18:29   #6
Electrolyte01

Kronas, I have the same thing. Always bored, frustrated easily, can't think very well, and I can never think of something positive. And I have to add in I can't sleep well any more.
Old 03-08-2004, 18:30   #7
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolyte
And I have to add in I can't sleep well any more.

same here.
Old 03-08-2004, 18:31   #8
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
well as some of you already know im going through it now, although its not as bad as it got at times previously, spontanious crying, feeling low.

at the moment its boredom, frustration, lack of clear thinking, lack of positive thoughts....

amongst other things....
I thought with getting the job, and getting out and about you where getting a handle on things?
Old 03-08-2004, 18:34   #9
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
how many ppl suffer from it i wonder , after having a very nasty accident at work last october i have finally decided that i am suffering from it , i was wondering if anyone else would like to share any experiences they have about it , i aint done this lightly as it is not something most ppl talk about openly , but if anyone wants to join in then feel free
I suffered with it after I lost my daughter, there's no miracle cure unfortunately but you should go and speak to your doctor who might not necessarily stick you straight on anti-depressents but will be able to offer advice that might help.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 18:34   #10
bbwannabe
Inactive

bbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the roughbbwannabe is a jewel in the rough

i think i maybe suffering it. Have not been officially diagnosed, but im bored most of the time and suffer lack of energy most of the day... for me its probably lack of relationship with girls.
bbwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 18:35   #11
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
I thought with getting the job, and getting out and about you where getting a handle on things?
im not hijacking this thread, my blog has the majority of the information in it.

http://blogs.nthellworld.co.uk/kronas/
Old 03-08-2004, 18:36   #12
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

I was suffering badly a few years ago, much of it was stress and frustration but I'm not sure where you draw the line between Stress and depression.

I would be fine in work even though things were far from good, but at home i would get wound up at the slightest thing and burst into tears. I didn't find the doctor any good and I suffered very badly with Psoriasis as I mentioned before on here.

I am much better these days but people who think they know me well would be suprised at how I was feeling and reacting whilst in the confines of my home. I guess I caused much amusement for the neighbours as I would go into a rage and throw things around and smash things up to vent my anger and frustration. I would end up going off to bed and within 30 minutes it would all seem so silly that I got worked up over some little thing that didn't go right.

At the end of the day it was all to do with my job and seeing people without skills getting on better than I was through bulls**t, we had quite a few ex-forces types like that in ntl and it just made me feel a failure. I think it got a little worse for a few years after I left ntl because I found that I could not attain the same sort of position in other companies because unlike ntl there were good people out there who were equal or superior to myself, elsewhere I am just an engineer and principle engineers like myself were two a penny in ntl and the title didn't mean you were necessarily any good.

In ntl you just needed that little bit extra initiative and drive to shine and be better than the average person, out in the real world its much different but I am happier as I try not to get stressed or depressed when I feel I should be a lot further forward with my career. in fact I would say my knowledge stagnated at ntl but now I am working with some very clever people it has pushed me to learn new things.

Stress - Depression.... Where do you divide these.
Old 03-08-2004, 18:49   #13
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Have suffered from \ am still suffering from time to time, for about 2 years, I think, I can't say properly as I have a mental block on time and the some things that have happened in those 2 or so years, probably the human self preservation thing kicking in, as stated previously, it comes and goes, in my case I can go from a happy go lucky not a care type to raving lunatic to just crying, anywhere any time, no matter who's about, it does not follow a pattern with me, when it happens I just hide it, well, most of the time, or try to, it does not always work and then depending on the mood as above, anything can happen.

P.S. Raving lunatic isn't the best description, maybe more like...... well, not nice, anyhoo he doesn't come out often now, thank the stars.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 19:15   #14
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
I suffered with it after I lost my daughter, there's no miracle cure unfortunately but you should go and speak to your doctor who might not necessarily stick you straight on anti-depressents but will be able to offer advice that might help.

i went today my mate , i had sort of broached the subject with him before , today i caved in and said he had been expecting it , is my doc physchic , anyway he put me on fluox==something and i suppose i will have to see how i go on , thanks so far peeps , much appreciated --- paul
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 19:21   #15
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

fluvoxamine ??? some nasty side effects there, hope you dont get them.
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote