Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Celebrities at work?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Celebrities at work?

Old 15-07-2004, 18:22   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Celebrities at work?

During the course of your work, have you ever dealt with a celebrity?

Whilst at work at the DVLA today, I sold a personalised registration to none other than....Craig David

He seemed like a decent bloke too

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2004, 18:26   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Celebrities at work?

Rik Mayall, Stratford Johns, Sister Wendy, The lead singer of Jethro Tull (I think thats the band ), Tula ('she' was a Bond 'girl' )
Old 15-07-2004, 18:26   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Proper bo that Russ Never got close to a celebrity, my only close encounter was when I saw a rather old and bloated looking John Lowe at the airport
Swear I've seen a thread like this before
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 18:27   #4
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Swear I've seen a thread like this before
I can't remember if it was here or .com.....
Old 15-07-2004, 18:27   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

That was probably about celebrities you've seen...this is about celebrities that your work has brought you in to contact with

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 18:29   #6
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

The sort of similar threads that normally get merged then I dunno, one rule for us lowly members and another for.....
(Just kidding LOL)
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 18:33   #7
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

mike hucknell, paddy from emmerdale, b*witched, robbie from easterenders, vera from corrie, robson green
all while working in sainsbury's
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 18:39   #8
Alanmelon
Inactive

Alanmelon has reached the bronze age
Alanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Alanmelon

Only 2 minor celebs - both contact lens customers;

Sam Kane (ex-Brookside, Night Fever, married to Linda Lusardi)
Stuart White (news anchor for BBC East)
Alanmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 18:44   #9
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

when i worked at domino's in birmingham, BRMB (local radio) got emma bunton to ring up and order a pizza...
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 18:47   #10
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

I had Trudy Goodwin (Sgt June Ackland I think) from the Bill on the phone once - and my boss quite likes her! So when I told him she was waiting to speak to him he was calling me everything - well I have been known to - erm - 'pull his leg' from time to time!
Anyway - the look on his face when he took the call and it was her!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 19:00   #11
homealone

Anna Carteret - played Inspector Kate Longton in 'Juliet Bravo' - while working for an agency in London, I was on the removal crew that helped her move house.

Some Rock celebrities while helping a guy I knew who was Front of House Manager at the Chalk Farm Roundhouse in the 80's - Ian Dury, Elvis Costello, Hugh Cornwell (The Stranglers) and Lemmy (Motorhead). (my 'wages' were back stage passes)
Old 15-07-2004, 19:22   #12
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Loads, even royalty - my favourite by far though was Isla Fisher who came to my hotel in the dead of night wanting to see Darren Day who was staying there.

She is so cute in real life.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 19:27   #13
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

A pension for Emmerdale's jack sudgen ! Oh, and Martin Brundle's.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 19:28   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Ummm ... the Queen.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 19:30   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

All I get at work are the local MP(a total berk)and so called local dignitaries.Who wants to meet them except to ask them why they are screwing up local affairs?

I didn't even get to meet the drummer from Status Que or the Portsmouth Footballer Alan Knight.

I never meet ANYONE!!