Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Ink

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Ink

Old 29-06-2004, 19:04   #1
Earl of Bronze

New Ink

I have, for the last couple of monts been thinkin of getting a new tattoo. Seeing as the Inland Revenue have decided to give me back some money , hopefully quite soon. I'm gonna have a look at the price of my choice of new ink, and which artist to intrust this art to.

I've decided to have a Celtic Love Knot on the inside of my left forearm, with Maureen's full name centered above, and her DOB and DOD centered below.

The attached piccy is a Celtic Love Knot, to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2004, 19:22   #2
homealone

Re: New Ink

That's a good way to perpetuate her memory, not that you would ever forget, but the permanancy of the tattoo is making that statement, I feel - nice one EoB
Old 29-06-2004, 19:25   #3
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Yes - it's a lovely design EoB - I go to calligraphy classes and we have been doing Celtic designs - they are very intricate and that one you have is particularly nice. What a lovely memorial to a lovely lady.
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 19:31   #4
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

nice one , i reckon something that intricate , depending on size is going to cost at £100 , well worth it imho
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 19:43   #5
Earl of Bronze

Thank's homealone, Chimaera and paulyoung666.

I'll prolly go for a tattoo 50 or 60 mmm in diameter, but as to 'outline' or a 'solid' design, I have'nt decided yet.
Old 29-06-2004, 20:24   #6
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
I have, for the last couple of monts been thinkin of getting a new tattoo. Seeing as the Inland Revenue have decided to give me back some money , hopefully quite soon. I'm gonna have a look at the price of my choice of new ink, and which artist to intrust this art to.

I've decided to have a Celtic Love Knot on the inside of my left forearm, with Maureen's full name centered above, and her DOB and DOD centered below.

The attached piccy is a Celtic Love Knot, to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Good choice, I have a similar design on the top of my right arm (without the dates)
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:30   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well it's your choice I suppose but I have never understood why people want tatoo's - I think they are a complete waste of money. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but that's my view on them.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:30   #8
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H

Im not much for tattoo's... Would you still want it when your old and your skins not what it used to be?

Anyway, the design is quite nice if you decide to go with it
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:38   #9
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem
Well it's your choice I suppose but I have never understood why people want tatoo's - I think they are a complete waste of money. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but that's my view on them.
No worries Pem, ink is'nt you're thing and I can respect that. Please, speak you're mind. While I'll not listen I will read you're post.
Old 29-06-2004, 20:40   #10
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Good choice, I have a similar design on the top of my right arm (without the dates)
Well Maureen's family are of Irish origin, and she had talked about getting this as a tattoo. So I think it's a fitting symbol of how I feel.
Old 29-06-2004, 20:41   #11
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

I always wanted one. I think one or maybe two is cool. Anymore and its not good - take note Mr Beckham.

While I don't know the background, your idea is lovely and touching. A lovely tribute.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:41   #12
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
No worries Pem, ink is'nt you're thing and I can respect that. Please, speak you're mind. While I'll not listen I will read you're post.
Pardon!?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:42   #13
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Really nice design, hope you like it and something to remind you of Maureen in a way that is personal to you

I want another one on my back but not found what I want yet. They are like Jaffa Cakes I think, one is never enough
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:43   #14
tick
Inactive

Services: ntl phone & tv broadband sky box
tick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud of

Have you tattoo's already
If so does it hurt
tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:44   #15
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick
Have you tattoo's already
If so does it hurt
I would say no but then a mans perspective may be different
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote