Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any good restaurants?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Any good restaurants?

Old 29-06-2004, 14:21   #1
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Any good restaurants?

It's my girlfriends birthday on the 10th July and, in trying to be a good boyfriend (as well as the fact that she bought me a Playstation 2 for my birthday last year), I've booked a room at 42 The Calls in Leeds, which is somewhere that she's always wanted to stay.

It's costing the best part of 200 quid, but it includes a bottle of champagne on arrival, a Harvey Nicholls goodie bag and £50 worth of vouchers for Harvey Nicks as well so, hopefully, it'll be a nice surprise and she gets some extra bits and pieces as well (as well as the presents that I'll get her anyway).

Unfortunately, being the poor lad that I am, I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford to eat in the restaurant at the hotel ('cos it's 40 quid a head), so I wondered if anyone knew of any decent restaurants in Leeds that I could book at instead - otherwise, I'll just have to skint myself at the hotel
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2004, 14:31   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Any good restaurants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
It's my girlfriends birthday on the 10th July and, in trying to be a good boyfriend (as well as the fact that she bought me a Playstation 2 for my birthday last year), I've booked a room at 42 The Calls in Leeds, which is somewhere that she's always wanted to stay.

It's costing the best part of 200 quid, but it includes a bottle of champagne on arrival, a Harvey Nicholls goodie bag and £50 worth of vouchers for Harvey Nicks as well so, hopefully, it'll be a nice surprise and she gets some extra bits and pieces as well (as well as the presents that I'll get her anyway).

Unfortunately, being the poor lad that I am, I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford to eat in the restaurant at the hotel ('cos it's 40 quid a head), so I wondered if anyone knew of any decent restaurants in Leeds that I could book at instead - otherwise, I'll just have to skint myself at the hotel
I don't kmow Leeds.Is there anywhere you can take her for a picnic?One that you have taken time to pick nice titbits for.It will save on overheads and you can afford to splurge on some nicer food.Mind it would need nice weather for that one but it would be different.

Incog.
Old 29-06-2004, 14:32   #3
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

now ur just making all of us look bad - bag of chips and the cinema mate !
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 14:38   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES
now ur just making all of us look bad - bag of chips and the cinema mate !

You ignore that misogynist and carry on the way you are.
Old 29-06-2004, 14:41   #5
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I don't kmow Leeds.Is there anywhere you can take her for a picnic?One that you have taken time to pick nice titbits for.It will save on overheads and you can afford to splurge on some nicer food.Mind it would need nice weather for that one but it would be different.

Incog.
you could go to hyde park and take a picnic if its nice. it would be quite romantic too, as you'd obviously made an effort for her

depends what sort of food you want.... there's a nandos...and several resturant type things in one of the centres..... if memory serves the centre is called the light... its at the top of the highstreet..will find a link
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 14:49   #6
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

http://www.touchleeds.com/comdir/sea...fm/Restaurants

http://www.thelightleeds.co.uk/searc...%20and%20drink

browns in the light is also a good place to go. not too sure on the prices though HTH

need any more info let me know nugg
Old 29-06-2004, 16:21   #7
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Does Harvey Nicks have a Cafe / Restauant like the one in London. Might be reasonable / trendy.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 16:39   #8
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman
Does Harvey Nicks have a Cafe / Restauant like the one in London. Might be reasonable / trendy.
D'oh - didn't even think of that . May have a look and see - I know that the one in Birmingham has as well (or at least that's what my dad says anyway)
Old 29-06-2004, 16:43   #9
Bex
Inactive

as far as i can tell, they do have some kind of bar/restuarant

cant really say i spent that much time in harvy nichs when i was in leeds
Old 29-06-2004, 16:47   #10
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex
as far as i can tell, they do have some kind of bar/restuarant

cant really say i spent that much time in harvy nichs when i was in leeds
I think ( ) that she's a big fan of Harvey Nicholls (I've never been to one so I don't know what they're like). I do know that she told me off for not taking her to the one in Birmingham when we visited my parents at Christmas (mind you, she had dragged me to the next sale at 5 in the morning, so I probably wasn't as receptive as I could have been

Nug hopes that she learns to drive soon
Old 29-06-2004, 16:58   #11
Earl of Bronze

Her learning to drive wont matter mate. Cause if you lurve her you'll get up at 05.00, and stand in the cold and rain to keep her company.
Old 29-06-2004, 17:03   #12
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
Her learning to drive wont matter mate. Cause if you lurve her you'll get up at 05.00, and stand in the cold and rain to keep her company.
But if you REALLY lurrrve her, you'll take your credit card with you too
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 17:05   #13
gary_580

Depends what your looking for. Some nice country pubs a few miles out of Leeds Centre, Hard Rock Cafe is always useful too, the are some nice restuarants just across the river from the Brewery too.
Old 29-06-2004, 18:30   #14
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Est Est Est is reasonable
Thai Edge is very VERY nice a little pricey but not £40 per head
Or try the new places in The Light (on the Headrow)
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 20:44   #15
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
I think ( ) that she's a big fan of Harvey Nicholls (I've never been to one so I don't know what they're like). I do know that she told me off for not taking her to the one in Birmingham when we visited my parents at Christmas (mind you, she had dragged me to the next sale at 5 in the morning, so I probably wasn't as receptive as I could have been

Nug hopes that she learns to drive soon
harvy nichs is lovely, but then it would be the prices they charge
est est est is good