Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help needed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Help needed

Old 14-06-2004, 07:59   #1
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Help needed

I have copied this from a post on ISPr forums it is the saddest thing I have read for a while.

The member is asking for help to get the law changed so please read then sign the petition to help.

Quote:
In March last year I lost my 12 year old daughter in a car accident. The way that current laws stand it is possible to kill someone behind the wheel and only face motoring charges which do not take into account the fact that someone has died. I am running a petition where you can read about what happened to my daughter and please if you agree with what I have said sign my petition asking for a change in the law. You can view it here
http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/4549.html
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2004, 09:33   #2
homealone

Re: Help needed

Thanks Kits - I agree that the current law is inadequate, the case you mention is sad, but I am also in mind of the recent tragedy where a drunk driver crashed into a tree & killed his wife & 2 kids - to me that was murder, plain & simple

- I signed the petition.
Old 14-06-2004, 12:15   #3
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
Thanks Kits - I agree that the current law is inadequate, the case you mention is sad, but I am also in mind of the recent tragedy where a drunk driver crashed into a tree & killed his wife & 2 kids - to me that was murder, plain & simple

- I signed the petition.
i agree with gaz.... the law is inadequate. the stories both you (kits) and gaz mentioned are terrible. i signed the petition.... i just hope it does really make a difference
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 12:24   #4
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone

- I signed the petition.
How drunk was he? His wife chose to get in the car with him when she might reasonably have thought he was drinking. Both neglegted their parental responsibilities, he by putting his children in the back of his car when he was drunk and her again by letting him.

I'm hope these deaths will trouble him for a long time.

People who kill themselves while drink driving I can cope with, removing stupidity from the gene pool in a darwin awards manner.

The bigger problem is that these days they usually get saved by the collection of safety features, crumple zones and airbags, but the pedestrian they hit is never so fortunate.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 12:44   #5
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

They need to scrap the "Causing death by dangerous driving" law and just try them for manslaughter.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 12:46   #6
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman
How drunk was he? His wife chose to get in the car with him when she might reasonably have thought he was drinking. Both neglegted their parental responsibilities, he by putting his children in the back of his car when he was drunk and her again by letting him.

I'm hope these deaths will trouble him for a long time.

People who kill themselves while drink driving I can cope with, removing stupidity from the gene pool in a darwin awards manner.

The bigger problem is that these days they usually get saved by the collection of safety features, crumple zones and airbags, but the pedestrian they hit is never so fortunate.
He is currently on bail

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/3800649.stm

- I don't disagree that his wife shared the responsibility, unfortunately she paid the ultimate cost for that. I just think that he should be charged with, at least, manslaughter.
Old 14-06-2004, 12:52   #7
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Bet the van had a drivers airbag and no pax airbag.

Van? Minivan? How were the children secured. All the van's I've ever been in only have 2 or 3 seats.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 13:03   #8
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman
Bet the van had a drivers airbag and no pax airbag.

Van? Minivan? How were the children secured. All the van's I've ever been in only have 2 or 3 seats.
You are probably right - I saw a car being driven the other day by someone chatting on their mobile, while at least 5 small kids were sat in the back - none wearing seatbelts

- I didn't really mean to get drawn into the details of any particular case, the first one I mentioned just seemed to illustrate the irony of how it is possible to kill someone with a car, but not be prosecuted for murder or manslaughter.
Old 14-06-2004, 22:04   #9
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Thank you those who have signed any more wishing to help in this worthy cause.
Old 14-06-2004, 23:09   #10
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I signed the petition. I am just well and truly shocked by this.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 00:03   #11
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Tragic loss of a young life and have signed.

Some further infro can be found here and here

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 00:30   #12
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Yes, I've signed.

One of the things I don't understand is the way the law seems to make a special case of 'motoring' offences by just looking at the offence and not the consequence.
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 22:04   #13
Florence
Inactive

The latest update on this is 246 signatures.

Thank you to those who have signed.

Quote:
posted on our forums. Just a quick update for you all. I have been contacted by Crimewatch UK and they will be featuring an appeal on this months programme which I will be appearing on. The programme is to be aired on 29th July (i think)
Old 11-07-2004, 22:17   #14
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Murder is killing someone with the express objective to kill someone while being sane.

Do not confuse death as a cause of extreme stupidity with murder. I agree with this petition due to lack of police support but i dont like the way some people have seemed to suggest that people who do this are murders.

Remember any of us can be stupid and kill though dangous driving or something else
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 22:17   #15
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

Several Libraries and other organisations in my area have similar petitions running, Let's hope something can be done.
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote