Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Which of us belongs in prison?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Which of us belongs in prison?

Old 22-07-2003, 13:39   #1
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Angry Which of us belongs in prison?

I notice that Tony Martin is due for parole. He didn't get it earlier partly due to the fact that the parole board considered him to be a 'danger to burglars' .
If that's the case I should be banged up as well, anyone else?
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2003, 13:44   #2
Enterian
Inactive

Enterian is an unknown quantity at this point
Abolutely! I was burgled a few years ago and I would cheerfully have had a go, only problem is a shotgun is too quick, I would rather have beaten them to death with a baseball bat!

Lock me up and throw away the key!

Enterian
(Bottled Rage a Speciality!)
Enterian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:50   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
I hope I'm a calm and reasonable person but you just never know ... at the very least I'm a danger to burglars as I'd have no qualms about locking them in my garage until the police turn up. I could probably get sued for wrongful imprisonment.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:57   #4
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Ok I am going down for a long time then. I sleep with a hockey stick next to my bed and I have 2 dogs that I wont hold back and I live in a nice area
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:58   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Quote:
Originally posted by towny
I hope I'm a calm and reasonable person but you just never know ... at the very least I'm a danger to burglars as I'd have no qualms about locking them in my garage until the police turn up. I could probably get sued for wrongful imprisonment.
The police apparently used to use a car that did that. The car would be sitting in the road (locked up), the burglar would break in, try to start it and would suddenly be locked in. The Police, presumably sitting near, would catch them.

Back on topic..

I don't know how I'd react to a burglar. I'd like to think I would be calm and rational, but I have seen the effects a burglary can have on people (an aunt was burgled, and eventually had to move house as she no longer felt safe), and wouldn't want to go through that..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 13:59   #6
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
It makes me blood boil
Old 22-07-2003, 14:02   #7
kink

I think you'd all be relatively safe as long as you don't shoot them in the back as they're making their escape...

Old 22-07-2003, 14:05   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by whyme38
I sleep with a hockey stick <snip>
In the 19th century you could've got done for sexual deviancy, these days prolly just 'going equipped'...

Seriously tho', I think they take a dim view if they know the stick lives permanently by your side. You are allowed to use 'reasonable force' but I think they expect you to assess what is reasonable on the spot, before selecting your weapon. The muppets.

Quote:
and I live in a nice area
Yes, I think the final unforgiveable crime in this country is to be middle class. Taxed to death, burgled to death then prosecuted for trying to do something about it.
Old 22-07-2003, 14:07   #9
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
Not to mention the fact that the burglar who survived but got injured is going to sue Tony Martion for loss of earnings!!!
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 14:11   #10
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by kink
I think you'd all be relatively safe as long as you don't shoot them in the back as they're making their escape...

.....on a dark night with an unknown number of assailants in your dark house threatening you with bodily harm......
Old 22-07-2003, 14:12   #11
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by orangebird
Not to mention the fact that the burglar who survived but got injured is going to sue Tony Martion for loss of earnings!!!
....never having worked a day in his life.....
Old 22-07-2003, 14:13   #12
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by Drudge
If you keep any form of weapon near your bed which would not normally be in a bedroom e.g. baseball bat, club, sword etc, then the police may prosecute you.

However, if you keep a nice sharp saw, and just happen to be putting it away, FOR SAFETY REASONS, then the police will not prosecute you.

This advice came from a police sergeant.
now thats an interesting idea.....saw burglars up
Old 22-07-2003, 14:15   #13
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Pmsl at Towny

So as a women living in her house with her 12 year old son I am not allowed to keep some thing near by to protect us both if some low life wants to come in to my home???

That is stupid
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 14:21   #14
Defiant

Lets face it the majority of people in this country would do the same thing but the sad do gooder's rule
Old 22-07-2003, 14:21   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally posted by whyme38
Pmsl at Towny

So as a women living in her house with her 12 year old son I am not allowed to keep some thing near by to protect us both if some low life wants to come in to my home???

That is stupid
Sad but apparently true (although see a couple of posts above for some unofficial police advice regarding hacksaws!)

Pardon my limited understanding of forum abbreviations - pmsl?