Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Norton Antivirus dleted

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Norton Antivirus dleted

Old 19-05-2004, 18:01   #1
porpoise
Inactive

porpoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Norton Antivirus dleted

I have had an email from *Edit (Richard M) - email address removed* which says hey dude, found this on your computer and it's so funny.........Then Norton Antivius dleted the infected file that he 'kindly sent me. Do I report this ? if so to who ?
porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2004, 18:05   #2
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant
Re: Norton Antivirus dleted

Report to NTL but dont go thinking its from this person.

You should also delete his e-mail addy from here
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 18:22   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant
Report to NTL but dont go thinking its from this person.

You should also delete his e-mail addy from here

spoofed springs to mind , i have had the same problem as well , different sender though
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 18:23   #4
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
spoofed springs to mind , i have had the same problem as well , different sender though
May not just be spoofed though. They may have a virus that is sending from there computer. As it was an @ntlworld.com one I'd presume this is the case
Old 19-05-2004, 18:31   #5
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

I'm getting loads to my main email box, just delete em.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 18:35   #6
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard M
I'm getting loads to my main email box, just delete em.
Yea but what I was saying is there are virus that well if they infect your computer can send mail from your computer in your name without you knowing