Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No Internet access

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No Internet access

Old 14-05-2004, 15:27   #1
Stokiemike
Inactive

Stokiemike is an unknown quantity at this point
No Internet access

Hi finally got my cable modem today and i set it up fine register it fine aswell restarted everything but can not seem to get any web sites or nuthing
any ideas thanks a lot
Stokiemike
Stokiemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2004, 15:33   #2
threadbare
Inactive

threadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of light
Re: No Internet access

check you have a valid IP address start > run > command > ipconfig -post the results here

also check there are no proxies set internet explorer > tools > internet options > connections > lan settings
threadbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 16:08   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

firewall issue ??????????????
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 16:13   #4
Stokiemike
Inactive

hi my ip addy is coming up as Mod Edit (Tez): IP removed for member's protection

mac addy is Mod Edit (Tez): MAC removed for member's protection
my upstream is 28784000
my downstream is 5867500000

I am in the stoke area

cheers hope this helps

Mod Edit (Tez): Hi Stokiemike It's best not to post your full MAC & IP address. I'd suggest PMing your details to Debsy42 or monkeybreath as they both mention later in the thread - both work for NTL & are v helpful
Old 14-05-2004, 16:14   #5
Stokiemike
Inactive

Hi no firewall enabled both xp and zonealarm
Old 14-05-2004, 16:15   #6
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Looking at that I would say you're not actually registered for the service. Try going to https://autoreg.autoregister.net and following that through (again ??) and then post ip address once you've done that. Unplug the modem for at least 30 seconds after registering.
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 16:26   #7
Stokiemike
Inactive

Just done the reg again and ip still the same
Old 14-05-2004, 16:28   #8
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

maybe not the best idea to post the i.p. address , i can ping and tracert it

edit , did you mean neither zone alarm or xp firewall is enabled ??????????
Old 14-05-2004, 16:28   #9
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Did it accept your pin number and everything ok??? That IP address says that you're not registered. Did you get a subscriber number and email address ?? Do I sound like the Gestapo ??
Old 14-05-2004, 16:30   #10
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
Did it accept your pin number and everything ok??? That IP address says that you're not registered. Did you get a subscriber number and email address ?? Do I sound like the Gestapo ??

gestapo , no , top person yes
Old 14-05-2004, 16:32   #11
Stokiemike
Inactive

Yh reg is ok everything goes fine once it had fin i turned off the laptop and then the cable modem switch the modem bk on and then the laptop
Old 14-05-2004, 16:36   #12
Marge
Inactive

Somethings gone wrong somewhere, maybe the modem hasn't actually activated itself on the system so the account is showing as registered but with no modem attached. Suggest ringing tech support and asking them to check, would have checked for you but not in today. Easy problem to sort out, don't worry
Old 14-05-2004, 16:36   #13
Stokiemike
Inactive

but still no internet :-(
Old 14-05-2004, 16:38   #14
Stokiemike
Inactive

Hi m8 not to sounds cheecky or anything but is there anychance you could check when u are in
would be greatful
thanks
Old 14-05-2004, 16:40   #15
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

if you open a command prompt and type ipconfig /release then try ipconfig /renew. does it bring back the same ip address?

Try leaving the modem off for a good minute before rebooting it. If you still can't connect, try the registration page again, should be telling you that you are already registered and not let you go through it again.

If that doesn't work, i can have a look at this tomorrow for you when i am in work.

MB
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote