Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Southampton and Winchester problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Southampton and Winchester problems

Old 01-05-2004, 18:34   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Southampton and Winchester problems

Just received this from one of our NTL contacts;

Quote:
Customers in the Southampton and Winchester areas may experience intermittent / slow connection and packet loss. This is due to local network issues affecting the cable network's return path. Local engineers are working on restoring the local optical network and removing interference from the coaxial network.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2004, 18:54   #2
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: Southampton and Winchester problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem
Just received this from one of our NTL contacts;

good heads up i reckon
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 19:49   #3
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Interesting, nice and detailed.

Would people (even if they don't understand all the details) be interested in getting this level of detail on all fault reports?
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 20:12   #4
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherN00b

Would people (even if they don't understand all the details) be interested in getting this level of detail on all fault reports?
yes, definitely
Old 01-05-2004, 20:28   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
In my experience yes - people like to be told what the problem is - and what is being done - even if it sometimes sounds technical.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 20:46   #6
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:

yes IMO the people who want to know the technical details will then be told, and those who don't care/ don't understand about the technical bits can just ignore it. I can't see any problems being created by having more detail.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 20:55   #7
Plonking
Inactive

Services: BT Somethingorother
Plonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Plonking

hey all,

yeah the problems in this area are a bitch right now! i mentioned it a few days ago (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=11690), but the probs seem to be getting a bit better now. its been bad(ish) since last sunday, so i'm not sure if that is connected or whatever.

i was just talking to one of my uni friends on the phone, she is having major probs too at southampton uni, lol!

i was thinking as well that it would be helpful if ntl told us (or at least tried) about any suspected problems. it would have helped me a great deal if i knew they were having problems, rather than having to sit and power cycle my CM every five minutes thinking that there was a problem at my end, lol! i wouldn't get annoyed that there were problems, it would help because i could know and try to work around them!

P
Plonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 21:32   #8
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plonking
hey all,

yeah the problems in this area are a bitch right now! i mentioned it a few days ago (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=11690), but the probs seem to be getting a bit better now. its been bad(ish) since last sunday, so i'm not sure if that is connected or whatever.

i was just talking to one of my uni friends on the phone, she is having major probs too at southampton uni, lol!

i was thinking as well that it would be helpful if ntl told us (or at least tried) about any suspected problems. it would have helped me a great deal if i knew they were having problems, rather than having to sit and power cycle my CM every five minutes thinking that there was a problem at my end, lol! i wouldn't get annoyed that there were problems, it would help because i could know and try to work around them!

P
Hi Plonking, the problem is listed in the service status link

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/lookup/default.asp