Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Someone must be bored!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Someone must be bored!!

Old 25-04-2004, 20:56   #1
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Someone must be bored!!

That someone is my 15 year old son who has gone up to the loft and found the old Amiga CD32 console.It was getting a bit iffy when I put it away so I'm surprised it works.However the game Liberation which I would be most interested in playing won't work but he's happy playing James Pond 3.

So now I have not only his XBox to fight about when wanting to watch TV.

Anything not to revise for his exams next month.

Incog.
Old 25-04-2004, 21:05   #2
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Re: Someone must be bored!!

Well im not bored as such but im bored in a sense, that im not really upto any gaming at the moment. id rather go on the Internet instead.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2004, 21:16   #3
Jarandco
Inactive

Services: NTL 2 MEG
Jarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to Jarandco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas

Anything not to revise for his exams next month.
Here here, i cant get into bloody revision anyway, its boring me, although i dont seem to do anything else productive when i cud be revising, id rather be working than revising! (Hecne why i look forward to saturdays! )
Jarandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 23:47   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

The annoying thing was that he had b*lloxed the video channel so I couldn't watch the programme I had recorded.

Oh well it's sorted now.

He's now trying to buy one on Ebay as about 2/3rds of the games won't work on ours.He's already been outbid and is fuming!!AS I said to him I'm not paying more than I originally paid for it,they are second hand after all.

So if anyone has a working Amiga CD32 for sale let me know.

Incog
Old 26-04-2004, 23:51   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
AS I said to him I'm not paying more than I originally paid for it,they are second hand after all.
Ah, but now they're collectables

You could try an Amiga emulator maybe?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 23:58   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
Ah, but now they're collectables

You could try an Amiga emulator maybe?
Yeah well I gathered that.Pity most of the games that were produced for it were cr@p. Rise of the Robots and Microcosym for two.Shudder!!

Pity we can't play Liberation though!!Although Beneath a Steel Sky still works.

Incog.
Old 27-04-2004, 19:33   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

well it went for £64.I think thats nuts!!

Incog.
Old 27-04-2004, 21:16   #8
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yeah well I gathered that.Pity most of the games that were produced for it were cr@p. Rise of the Robots and Microcosym for two.Shudder!!

Pity we can't play Liberation though!!Although Beneath a Steel Sky still works.

Incog.
Yeah, the CD32 never really took off, so didn't get anywhere near as many games as the normal Amigas did.

£64? Why not sell yours?
Old 27-04-2004, 21:46   #9
Jarandco
Inactive

Services: NTL 2 MEG
Jarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to Jarandco

Did you know tehres a Beneth The Steel Sky 2 being made for PC! Should be good!
Jarandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 23:01   #10
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
Yeah, the CD32 never really took off, so didn't get anywhere near as many games as the normal Amigas did.

£64? Why not sell yours?
Because it is a bit iffy.It will only play about a third of the games that we have.
Old 28-04-2004, 10:34   #11
gary_580

Could always run an emulator on your PC and play the games on here. Then you wont have TV issues!!
Old 28-04-2004, 20:42   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

I can't get a copy of Liberation!!!
Old 28-04-2004, 22:56   #13
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_580
Could always run an emulator on your PC and play the games on here. Then you wont have TV issues!!
Errm aren't Emulators illegal???
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2004, 23:00   #14
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I used to use my Amiga CD32 as a cdrom drive for my Amiga 1200 I still have the 1200 but unfortunately I sold the cd32
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2004, 23:26   #15
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNA
Errm aren't Emulators illegal???
Obtaining games for running on emulators can be illegal, e.g. downloading ROM images of SNES/MD/N64 games etc.

Emulators themselves...not illegal. Certainly not all of them, anyway.

As for the Amiga: There is a legal & officially licensed Amiga emulator pack available. It uses the free WinUAE emulator together with officially licensed Kickstart ROM images, & is available from www.amigaforever.com. Not sure about using one for CD32 games though.