Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | trojan infection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

trojan infection

Old 11-04-2004, 23:56   #1
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up trojan infection

avg picked up a trojan on my pc , could not heal said trojan but has placed it in avg's vault.
it name is "downloader.agent t "showing an attachment to "nslite.dll"
any advise would be gratefully received.
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2004, 00:01   #2
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant
Re: trojan infection

Try this out www.trojanscan.com
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 00:05   #3
fatmat8
cf.addict

fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough

tried housecall , trojan scan , stinger all of which see the beastie & direct me to avg again which puts it back in its vault mmmmmmmmm.
Old 12-04-2004, 00:08   #4
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmat8
tried housecall , trojan scan , stinger all of which see the beastie & direct me to avg again which puts it back in its vault mmmmmmmmm.

this program will cure it

http://www.pestpatrol.com/Downloads/...omeEvalNew.asp
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 00:09   #5
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

or can you use the command prompt to delete it
Old 12-04-2004, 11:08   #6
fatmat8
cf.addict

could you please explain the "command" prompt defiant
using simple phrases please
Old 12-04-2004, 11:14   #7
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Click start>>run then type in "command" or "cmd" (without the inverted commas).

This brings up the command screen, not sure where Defiant is going with this though: I'd recommend what Kronas says really.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:43   #8
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Go to the AVG site and ASK for help.Check their faq's first.With AVG,I've in the past had to go into DOS to remove a virus.Better still get a better AV scanner even if you have to buy one.

Incog.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:00   #9
fatmat8
cf.addict

thank for your very prompt replies , i will try once more
Old 12-04-2004, 13:11   #10
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Are you sure this infected file isn't in your system restore file and therefor being replaced as soon as you are deleting it? A similar trojan found on a pc I use deleted properly first time. What information is AVG giving as to the location of the infected file?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 13:24   #11
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Are you sure this infected file isn't in your system restore file
R yes forgot some people use that
Old 12-04-2004, 15:02   #12
fatmat8
cf.addict

silly me , should have said i'm running 98se which doesn't have a restore point

avg has "downloader.agent t" in it's virus vault , which i have released , disabled avg , and then i ran trojan scan which is not picking it up.also ran "swatit" , "stinger" all of these programs doesn't see the swine but only avg seems to pick it up.
Old 12-04-2004, 15:10   #13
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmat8
silly me , should have said i'm running 98se which doesn't have a restore point

avg has "downloader.agent t" in it's virus vault , which i have released , disabled avg , and then i ran trojan scan which is not picking it up.also ran "swatit" , "stinger" all of these programs doesn't see the swine but only avg seems to pick it up.
does this apply to you ?

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/MoneyTree.html

Quote:
MoneyTree/NSLite: installs nslite.dll and nslite.inf in the Downloaded Program Files folder.
Quote:
Removal Open the 'Downloaded Program Files' folder (which can be found in the Windows folder), and delete the entry for 'NSUpdateLiteCtrl Class' (NSUpdate variant), 'NSLiteUpdateCtrl Class' (NSLitevariant), 'MoneyTree Dialer' (UniDist variant), 'MultiDist' (MultiDist variant), or 'Software Update Manager' (DyFuCA variant).
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 16:37   #14
fatmat8
cf.addict

that sounds right , it will be later tonight when i shall have a chance to look at it , i remain indebted to you kind folk out there for all the help i have received. thank you once more.
Old 12-04-2004, 17:43   #15
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

No need to thank us - just remove the uneccessary apostrophe from your sig and we'll say no more about it :pp

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote