Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Microsoft are full of s**t

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Microsoft are full of s**t

Old 14-07-2003, 19:05   #1
BubbleGum
nthw.member

BubbleGum is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Microsoft are full of s**t

So Microsoft are telling people that only resellers can install their operating systems

Sounds like they think we're thick or something

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10464
BubbleGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2003, 21:00   #2
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluetack
So Microsoft are telling people that only resellers can install their operating systems

lol Typical! m$!
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2003, 21:08   #3
darant
Inactive

darant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

LOL. I work at Microsoft and know that Microsoft are trying to make the use of PC's easier for the whole family to install and use the software.

I'm tempted to say that the statment by Linux is (possibly) Crap!

Jealously gets you no-where Linux!
darant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2003, 22:42   #4
homealone

Quote:

imo this also furthers the "supply with a backup cd" that turns out to be format or nothing and doesn't actually include a "proper" operating system licence.

imo get a "proper" install cd for your operating system with any computer you buy?

my 2p
Old 14-07-2003, 22:52   #5
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
i cant stop laughing at the article MS are just getting greedy now.........
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 01:30   #6
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
Yep Microsoft are getting greedy and think we are thicko's hmmm

Maybe they are just dumbing things down, but there is always an alterior motive.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 09:12   #7
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Did Bill "Too Tech" Goodland used to work for MS?

Seriously though the main time I have seen PCs crash is when they are on a "Default install" from the manufacturers...

As for my own system, which I installed myself.....

ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â«ÃƒÆ ’‚« My Puter Stats ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â»ÃƒÆ ’‚» OS-[Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 4 (5.0 - 2195)]- Up Time-[1wk 2days 18hrs 27mins 54secs]- CPU-[1-Intel Pentium III (Cu), 1000MHz, 256KB (19% Load)]- Memory-[Usage: 299/511MB (58.51%)]- Video Card-[Intel 810 Accelerator & NVidia TNT2 32Mb]- Resolution-[1280 x 1024 : 1280 x 1024]- Total Space Free-[133.04Gb out of 358.06Gb]-

and that's with 3 messengers, IRC, 4 websites and multiple other pieces of software running including Norton SystemWorks, Sygate Personal Firewall etc AND it running as a server for the rest of the machines I have at home...

Yeah MS.. People who install their own OSs are BOUND to have trouble... NOT!!!
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote