Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | far cry full game, simply amazing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

far cry full game, simply amazing

Old 26-03-2004, 10:55   #1
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Thumbs up far cry full game, simply amazing

went out and bought it today, been playing for half an hour, groundbreakingly brilliant, runs far better than the demo, a must buy, anyone else played it yet ???
Old 26-03-2004, 12:00   #2
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M
Re: far cry full game, simply amazing

I'd be interested to hear what you find so good about it?.. (graphics excluded).

Specifics like: gameplay, AI, puzzles, difficulty.. that sort of thing
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 14:04   #3
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lv3r
I'd be interested to hear what you find so good about it?.. (graphics excluded).

Specifics like: gameplay, AI, puzzles, difficulty.. that sort of thing

not been playing it long but already hooked, the game physics are amazing, bodies falling off the aircraft carrier and into the sea (really cool ragdoll physics), shooting down the helicopters and looking over the side to see the charred mess sunk to the bottom of the sea,

not really come up against any puzzles, its more of a stealth shooter (at the mo anyway), if the mercs see you they will hunt you down, flank you, there are points where you hear one of them shouting orders (the leader obviously) and if you kill him the rest are at sixes and sevens sometimes running off to regroup, started playing it on normal but went to one harder as it did seem a little easy but now the mercs are cut throat, working in teams ,

ok so u said excluding graphics but come on, this is the best looking game i have ever seen i have everything set on 'very high' 1024x768x32 resolution, 2x anti aliasing and 8x anisotropic filtering and it still runs very nice, never dropping below 30fps (just makes me realise how badly coded halo was for pc as it runs like sh*te and doesn't look nearly as good)
, i realise that graphics do not make a great game but i must admit it feels a whole lot better killing someone when they look so cool and when you shoot them they slump against the wall
Old 26-03-2004, 14:08   #4
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M

cheers .. I'm waiting for HL2 before I splash the cash too much.. but this one is a possibility.. some interesting stuff there thanks
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 14:57   #5
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lv3r
cheers .. I'm waiting for HL2 before I splash the cash too much.. but this one is a possibility.. some interesting stuff there thanks

was waiting for hl2 myself, but this is one you have got to buy, it will ease the pain of waiting and for 24.99 its a bargain it just makes me realise how good hl2 is going to be
Old 26-03-2004, 15:15   #6
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Hmm, its pretty good, gfx are amazing, but the shooting feels a little off. Granted when you do hit something its pretty cool.

I hate how you can unload a clip into someone and they still come at you though. Headshots do the trick though.

And BTW when you get to the "mutuants" there were two in a cage and each one took 7 shots from an M16 at close range in the head before it fell, sorry but thats a joke.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 15:44   #7
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueraja

And BTW when you get to the "mutuants" there were two in a cage and each one took 7 shots from an M16 at close range in the head before it fell, sorry but thats a joke.

how do u know how many shots it takes to kill a mutant, have u killed one in real life and thats where u're going wrong their brains are actually in their ankles
Old 26-03-2004, 17:37   #8
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkylad
how do u know how many shots it takes to kill a mutant, have u killed one in real life and thats where u're going wrong their brains are actually in their ankles
Like i said i grabbed a couple and threw them in a cage then shot them 1 bullet at a time until they died. Now you know how to take out your neighborhood mutant.

Cheaper than anti-mutuant spray and much more entertaining.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 18:15   #9
jamesclarke555
Inactive

jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age
jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age

Far Cry is simply a joy, only played the two demo level's though...

Pre-ordered the full game about a month ago and it never came today
jamesclarke555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 18:37   #10
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesclarke555
Far Cry is simply a joy, only played the two demo level's though...

Pre-ordered the full game about a month ago and it never came today

well looking at your system specs your in for a real treat, the full version runs much smoother than the demo
Old 26-03-2004, 19:03   #11
jamesclarke555
Inactive

jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age
jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkylad
well looking at your system specs your in for a real treat, the full version runs much smoother than the demo
Aye, there not too shabby

Demo ran quite reasonable, but glad to hear they squeezed in some more tweaks before it went gold. Gonna get another GB of RAM soon as well to smooth things over.
jamesclarke555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 21:09   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I should have mine tomorrow. was posted wednesday. Demo is great. really worth getting. Multiplayer is also quite good. I was one of the beta testers.Don't wait for half life get this now. HL" won't be available till summer at least.
Old 27-03-2004, 14:34   #13
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

found it looks pretty but to easy - also moving the gun while aimed is too slow ..

some nice ideas but not great
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2004, 16:42   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its not that easy at all if you play on the higher difficulty settings. The AI is extremly good, at hunting you down and flanking you and running and getting help. makes the game a lot more challenging. Also most levels have more than one way of getting to the end of the levels.
Old 27-03-2004, 19:59   #15
mrmassive
Inactive

mrmassive can only hope to improve

played it 2 weeks ago completed it nice game great graphics good game play
mrmassive is offline   Reply With Quote